Jo sent back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monty

Sack Sky and donate to GOT...donations are needed
Reports this morning suggest that Jo has gone back to Citeh, pity Hughes isn't still there...................does anyone think that his actions have been deliberately aimed at getting an early return so he can try and impress Mancini?

He came, he saw and he [Poor language removed] himself, bye bye jo

http://www.timesonli...icle6973155.ece

Everton send disgraced Jo back to City

Jô, the Brazil striker, has effectively been "sent home" to Manchester City in disgrace by Everton after going absent without leave.

It is a development not expected by Roberto Mancini, the new City manager, and perhaps not desired, either. The Italian already has six strikers to keep happy. Jô, who was due to spend the season on loan at Goodison Park, would not rank in the top five and his career at City would seem bleak, too.

David Moyes, the Everton manager, suspended Jô yesterday after he had travelled to Brazil for "personal reasons" for a two-week break without gaining permission. "He is now back but is suspended at the present time," Moyes said. "I am disappointed. We like Jô. He has been a really good lad and we have enjoyed having him.

"But there has to be discipline at all football clubs. He left over a busy period when we were short of players. I found it very difficult, so he is suspended from the club. It might not be indefinite. I need to see how it is, but I feel right now that I have to take some

Moyes might be appearing to keep his options open, with Everton facing a potentially awkward FA Cup third-round tie at home to Carlisle United today. He is short of forwards, with Yakubu Ayegbeni having joined the Nigeria squad for the African Cup of Nations and Louis Saha absent with a hamstring injury.

Privately, however, he has washed his hands of Jô. "He doesn’t want him," a club source said. "His Everton career is now over." Everton officials will discuss the cancellation of the loan deal as soon as possible.

Jô’s abrupt exit, rather conveniently, will assist Moyes in the January transfer window. The Scot has little — if any — funds with which to manoeuvre over the next four weeks and will have to rely on loan agreements. Only two loans are allowed from fellow Premier League clubs, with Jô having filled one of those berths at Goodison. His departure frees the slot, giving Moyes a full complement to work with. If it assists Moyes, it can only hinder Mancini. He is spoilt for choice in the strike department, with Roque Santa Cruz, Emmanuel Adebayor, Benjani Mwaruwari, Carlos Tévez, Craig Bellamy and Robinho to choose from.

Although Adebayor will be with Togo for the African Cup of Nations this month, Jô is still likely to remain a peripheral figure at the City of Manchester Stadium. Mancini will also hope that his return does not prove disruptive to Robinho.

Last season, Mark Hughes, Mancini’s predecessor, struggled to keep control of the Brazilian "clan" of Robinho, Jô and Elano.

With Elano having left for Galatasaray in Turkey last summer and Jô at Everton, it was widely recognised that Robinho appeared more settled.

Jô, 22, last played for Everton in the 3-3 draw with Chelsea three weeks ago, during which he injured a knee. He had scored two goals this season, in the 4-0 wins over AEK Athens in the Europa League and Hull City in the Carling Cup third round. He had done well on a shorter loan period with Everton at the end last season, scoring five goals in 12 games.

City signed Jô on a four-year contract from CSKA Moscow in July 2008 for what was then a club-record fee of £18 million, but the player failed to adapt to life there.

Wouldnt be surprised, though its a bit made when we're already down a body. Is that true we can now loan another player. Your aloud three is a season - now that Jo has gone back are we allowed another two this month or just another one on top of Donovan.

Think we will get Senderos on loan untill the end of the season with a view to buy.

Wouldnt be surprised, though its a bit made when we're already down a body. Is that true we can now loan another player. Your aloud three is a season - now that Jo has gone back are we allowed another two this month or just another one on top of Donovan.

Think we will get Senderos on loan untill the end of the season with a view to buy.

Donovan is under a contract with us for a limited period, does that count?

probably a nice lad in all fairness, but Everton F.C. take precedence over a players feelings, he wasn't good enough to cut it our club.
He may have even been given a nod/incentive to head off to breeze hill so that he could be sent back to citeh (brown envelopes delivered by orange women in short skirts under a table etc etc) where he will undoubtably pick up a better wage, or maybe get sent back to moscow where he was free scoring. i reckon there has been a little bit of collusion here to free up one of the 'loan signings'.

with those long slim legs and flawless skin though, he could easy become a travesti and go on the game should his career go further down the pan

Donovan is under a contract with us for a limited period, does that count?

Dont think so mate, as when he goes the window will be closed so we wouldnt be able to replace him anyway - i have a sneaky feeling we are only allowed one more loan because we signed Jo and Donovan.

You have to say though to great things about loans is that their non risky, imagine if we dropped the money City did on him when they signed him and we were intrested to. Maybe we're looking to save on wages with him going back.

What a shame if its true that he's sent back. As a punishment it would be harsh but if he delibrately did this then he's no more wanted here.

Also we could have a striking problem by march when Don and Jo(if) are gone. Saha gets an injury everynow and then and never know about Vaughan(poor lad)

Whoever Roberto Mancini might sign this month, the papers are expecting Jo to arrive back at the City of Manchester Stadium with his suitcases after being suspended 'indefinitely' by Everton.

The Brazilian striker, who was surplus to requirements under Mark Hughes, had already been struggling to impress at Goodison this season before heading for the airport and a flight to Rio.
The Telegraph's Rory Smith reports: "David Moyes, the club’s manager, is believed to be investigating the possibility of terminating the player’s loan spell and sending him back to Manchester City.

"Jo, who has failed to score in any of his 16 Premier League appearances since rejoining the club on a season-long loan this summer, left England for personal reasons before Christmas, rendering him unavailable for Everton’s games with Burnley and Sunderland. He has since returned but has not been allowed to rejoin his team-mates.

"Moyes insisted the suspension was merely a 'short-term' measure, but it is believed he and Everton chairman Bill Kenwright have discussed the logistics of cancelling his loan arrangement. Asked whether Jo would be able to salvage his career at Goodison Park, Moyes simply replied: 'I will leave it for now and make a decision later.'"

Everton's boss tells Smith: "I am disappointed because we like Jo. He has been a really good lad and we have enjoyed having him, but there has to be discipline at all football clubs.
“He left over a busy period for us and left us short of players, so I find that very difficult. It is just a short term thing at the moment and that could change over the coming weeks.”

Rory adds: "City have previously indicated they have no desire to call the player back to Eastlands, although the Manchester club continue to pay his wages."

Meanwhile, Blues boss Mancini has warned that he won't be able to prise away top Italian stars from Serie A. But Victor Moses is being linked again with a switch from troubled Crystal Palace.

City pay his wages!

Bad move sending him back if true.

Yak's missing for 4 games. Saha is going to be in and out. Vaughan is probably gonna get injured soon. Anichebe not back. Cahill having a shocker of a season.

Also got Europa league games and he added something different IMO.

Bad move. He was also injured so give a slap on the wrist and let him stay. And Citeh are paying his wages so WFT not keep him?

probably a nice lad in all fairness, but Everton F.C. take precedence over a players feelings, he wasn't good enough to cut it our club.
He may have even been given a nod/incentive to head off to breeze hill so that he could be sent back to citeh (brown envelopes delivered by orange women in short skirts under a table etc etc) where he will undoubtably pick up a better wage, or maybe get sent back to moscow where he was free scoring. i reckon there has been a little bit of collusion here to free up one of the 'loan signings'.

with those long slim legs and flawless skin though, he could easy become a travesti and go on the game should his career go further down the pan

a Reidette in the making:p

Citeh striking force:

1.C.teves
2.Adebayor
These two are the first choice
3. Bellamy(when not playing on the left)
4.Santa Cruz
5.Benjani

6.Jo(if there's no other striker i forgot)

Seriously Jo lad,what are/were you thinking?

keep him moyesy

Citeh striking force:

1.C.teves
2.Adebayor
These two are the first choice
3. Bellamy(when not playing on the left)
4.Santa Cruz
5.Benjani

6.Jo(if there's no other striker i forgot)

Seriously Jo lad,what are/were you thinking?

keep him moyesy

erm you forgot robinho

Status
Not open for further replies.