Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mata would be the highest profile player in the squad. I am sure if he wants to stay in England, not have to move to the other end of the country and join our project, he'll be willing to take a slight wage decrease. 120k a week seems reasonable. Tell Lukaku if he signs a new extended deal between now and January he can match that wage.
Would I [Poor language removed] take a 20% pay cut.

If my auntie was my uncle mate...

He didn't get an injury, and we didn't go down.

And those signings, Robles hasn't been a bad one. In fact he's been decent and had Martinez had the gumption to change it earlier and instil him as No.1 we may have leaked less goals.

Also, McGeady wasn't £3mil. It was around 500k.

I'm not saying every signing was a good one. Niasse looks tosh. Kone (bar that one month period last year) has been tosh and injured. Alcaraz, tosh.

But he brought in Del, Barry, Lukaku, McCarthy (1st season form was one of the best DMs in the league. He may re-find that under Koeman), Besic, Funes, Galloway and handed the opportunities to Barkley and Stones etc.

He had a lot of flaws but he did do some good. He just completely lost it with his own ego and self-righteous approach to football in the end.
He brought in some great players, you're right. Wouldn't class Besic as anything more than average, however. Deulofeu, Lukaku, Mori would turn up to be Everton legends if they stay for ages and fulfil their potential. He did invigorate Barkley, but also allowed him to go completely stale, same with Stones, who Moyes bought in the first place.

I just really dislike Martinez, that's all. lol

Would I [Poor language removed] take a 20% pay cut.
You're not a professional football who was set for life about 5 years ago. He could earn nothing from tomorrow and still have the next three generations of his family living like kings, plus has spoke out in the past about how obscene money is in football. Clearly his agent will handle negotiations and will get as much as he can, but if he knows he is out of favour at United and fancies joining us and staying in the area, he'll likely come to an agreement.

Now that has me worried.

Why?

Did you actually think it would be done and dusted today?

His reps could well have been in discussions with Everton for weeks - and from the little info @The Esk has had to share, that seems to be the case.

Don't fret.

Also, as just discussed, Balague isn't as sourced as he once was.

Status
Not open for further replies.