Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would because of FFP.

Not if we sell Stones, which is looking increasingly likely.

Paying one player 150k a week wouldn't damage us, but then if we want to bring in another two players on 100k p/week, and offer new deals to Rom/Barks, we need to make some revenue and quick...

Mata is off? Good. Not good enough - extremely overrated player. Chelsea didn't want him, Man Utd don't want him, why should we?
Gt+games+more+interesting+than+titties+wut+_88cca1505aa696d2ce0852d8e273ff00.jpg

150K per week he is on. If we give him that, other players in our squad will want pay rises.

It's a fine balance to get top talent in and keep the current squad happy as well.
There aren't that many in the current squad who I would worry about leaving anymore. Loads of bad snides based on last season

Not defending him, but we didn't 'nearly get relegated', did we...

And yes, Niasse, Kone, McGeady were poor signings. The rest, bar Alcaraz and Traore (no risk though) were decent or very good.
If Lukaku had picked up a bad injury then yes, I feel we would have gone down.

Let's look at how much money has been wasted...

Kone 4m signing plus say 40k a week wages (2m a year), over three years, 6m. = 10m
Niasse 13m signing plus say 50k a week wages (2.6m a year), one year so far. = 15.5m
McGeady undisclosed fee, probably around 3m, plus no doubt 50k a week wages (2.6m a year), over three years, 7.5m-ish. = 10m.
Robles 3m signing, less wages but still no doubt around 30k a week, over three years (1.5m a year). = 7.5m
Alcaraz free transfer, probably on around 30k, so another 2m-ish wasted on him too.

Not one of those players has done anything more than a handful of half-decent appearances for us (Robles).

So that's roughly 40m wasted right there.

Sacking Martinez, probably end up costing 5-10m total including compensation :)lol:) for him and his staff. Let's say 7.5m.

Having to find a new manager and pay more compensation, say another 7.5m for him and his staff. We're around 55m already due to Martinez being completely useless.

Niasse and McGeady still have years left on their deals and are under no obligation to leave, so we can probably safely round it up to past 60m worth of damage, and who would want to sign Kone?

He's left us with an awful lot of clearing up to do.

Yep, this team of ours is far better than our previous two finishes have indicated.
Ok so you didn't read my post.

It is down to the manager not the players. How you can throw blame at the players for things the manager failed to do is beyond me. It is a contradiction, call the manager for all sorts then blame the players for the reasons you criticize the manager. You can't have it both ways, we finished poor for 2 years for the same reason why we have just appointed Koeman, because of the manager. A better manager would not have finished 11th or leaked goals the way we did.

It is things like that which makes me laugh so much at the current talk on here.

People are so quick to [Poor language removed] our defenders off and suggest all these 30 million plus replacements yet things like this, basics, fitness etc which clearly affected who we already have is conveniently forgotten. The same defenders with the better fitness and training methods were deemed some of the best in the league at times. Point is, don't be so quick to dismiss the players we have, especially we have a former world class defender in charge of the team now, who so far has brought his fitness coach with him meaning he values these things much higher than his predecessor.

Exactly

It was always more a case of tactics and preperation than it was personnel for me when it came to our defensive failings

This was why I was calling for Martinez to delegate it to a defensive coach

Hopefully Koeman can give us back some defensive nous

150K per week he is on. If we give him that, other players in our squad will want pay rises.

It's a fine balance to get top talent in and keep the current squad happy as well.
Mata would be the highest profile player in the squad. I am sure if he wants to stay in England, not have to move to the other end of the country and join our project, he'll be willing to take a slight wage decrease. 120k a week seems reasonable. Tell Lukaku if he signs a new extended deal between now and January he can match that wage.

If Lukaku had picked up a bad injury then yes, I feel we would have gone down.

Let's look at how much money has been wasted...

Kone 4m signing plus say 40k a week wages (2m a year), over three years, 6m. = 10m
Niasse 13m signing plus say 50k a week wages (2.6m a year), one year so far. = 15.5m
McGeady undisclosed fee, probably around 3m, plus no doubt 50k a week wages (2.6m a year), over three years, 7.5m-ish. = 10m.
Robles 3m signing, less wages but still no doubt around 30k a week, over three years (1.5m a year). = 7.5m
Alcaraz free transfer, probably on around 30k, so another 2m-ish wasted on him too.

Not one of those players has done anything more than a handful of half-decent appearances for us (Robles).

So that's roughly 40m wasted right there.

Sacking Martinez, probably end up costing 5-10m total including compensation :)lol:) for him and his staff. Let's say 7.5m.

Having to find a new manager and pay more compensation, say another 7.5m for him and his staff. We're around 55m already due to Martinez being completely useless.

Niasse and McGeady still have years left on their deals and are under no obligation to leave, and who would want to sign Kone? He's left us with an awful lot of clearing up to do.

If my auntie was my uncle mate...

He didn't get an injury, and we didn't go down.

And those signings, Robles hasn't been a bad one. In fact he's been decent and had Martinez had the gumption to change it earlier and instil him as No.1 we may have leaked less goals.

Also, McGeady wasn't £3mil. It was around 500k.

I'm not saying every signing was a good one. Niasse looks tosh. Kone (bar that one month period last year) has been tosh and injured. Alcaraz, tosh.

But he brought in Del, Barry, Lukaku, McCarthy (1st season form was one of the best DMs in the league. He may re-find that under Koeman), Besic, Funes, Galloway and handed the opportunities to Barkley and Stones etc.

He had a lot of flaws but he did do some good. He just completely lost it with his own ego and self-righteous approach to football in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.