Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A DoF, MOST of the time is a long term appointment, not just for the term of a manager, everything ive read points to De Boer not even on the list anymore, which is quite baffling.

Seems strange though that we would target Overmars of all people considering his links to De Boer. However, likewise, I haven't heard anything really about De Boer and his brother saying there has been no contact is a telling sign.

So last night everyone was made up over Emery and today we're back to thinking its Moyes. What's changed over the past 12 hours?
I think people have become more circumspect regarding Emmery than they were with Mourinho and Koeman when some where shouting 'no ambition' to those who even suggested José was unrealistic. Perhaps they are coming to the conclusion that the Moshiri project, though fantastic for Everton, does not have the pulling power for the big name managers that was hoped and even if those managers engage in negotiation i.e. Emmery it doesn't necessarily mean they're highly interested as they may be taking advantage of the situation to leverage a better deal from their preferred club. Enough with the realism - Welcome Mr Emmery.

Seems strange though that we would target Overmars of all people considering his links to De Boer. However, likewise, I haven't heard anything really about De Boer and his brother saying there has been no contact is a telling sign.

dunno - done a good job in the past for Ajax and regarded as one of the bright up and coming DoF, knows the English game from his time at Arsenal, knows two of the prespective managers we had on the initial list by all accounts in De Boer and Koeman, and as the other ones on the list are Spanish sp[eakers - he can speak fluent spanish too and knows the Spanish game from his time at Barca, so a appointment that covers a lot of bases and in theory should remove any communication problem with ahny manager we went for out the ones suggested

I think people have become more circumspect regarding Emmery than they were with Mourinho and Koeman when some where shouting 'no ambition' to those who even suggested José was unrealistic. Perhaps they are coming to the conclusion that the Moshiri project, though fantastic for Everton, does not have the pulling power for the big name managers that was hoped and even if those managers engage in negotiation i.e. Emmery it doesn't necessarily mean they're highly interested as they may be taking advantage of the situation to leverage a better deal from their preferred club. Enough with the realism - Welcome Mr Emmery.

IT is Emery mate, 1 M

I have no idea what Overmars has done in his role as DoF, but hes clearly impressed somebody somewhere, maybe hes being looked at cos hes good at his job, no idea, just its very easy to add 2+2 and get Overmars + De Boer, but as I say, the DoF is normally recruited on his own merits, not simply cos he gets on with the manager.

See Kinnear, Joe.

Koeman is the most dutch looking man ever
images

Status
Not open for further replies.