Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in the door what's the latest lads?. Is Emery still on or are we gonna Everton the whole thing again and appoint some no name like Mobby Bartinez.

gd.jpg

You never know with Madrid mate, they're a basket case of a club when it comes to their managerial revolving door.

I think we should be hoping for a Madrid victory personally, so that the door remains closed.

Weird that 2 of our targets in this appointment process have potentially rested on 2 games of football. West Ham beating United killed the Mancs CL hopes and thus consigned LvG to the bin, and now Zidane could face the same treatment after tomorrow nights game, both games could end up directly affecting our future. Fine lines and all that.....

Yes, Perez at Real is completely bonkers. I remember when he sacked del Bosque literally a day after they'd won the league. Del Bosque also won another La Liga title and two Champions League titles in a short three and a half years in charge. The same del Bosque who then went on to manage Spain to World Cup and Euro success.

Having said that, I very much doubt that Zidane's future rests on the result of one match, bearing in mind how well they've done since he took over. Perez would be more likely to sack him if he didn't have a good relationship with him or didn't like the style of football the team played.

In my opinion, if they were going to sack him, the decision would already have been made, whether they win tomorrow or not. If they did want to replace him with Emery, he'd have been discreetly lined up already. The fact that Emery's representatives have met with Everton would indicate that Real won't be offering him the job.

Last edited:
Just in the door what's the latest lads?. Is Emery still on or are we gonna Everton the whole thing again and appoint some no name like Mobby Bartinez.
Brian McDermot has been sacked by Reading FC and has been spotted outside the Windsor Theatre Royal holding a copy of Leon Osman's autobiography and 2 comp tickets to see Blood Brothers staring one of the still living Nolan sisters. IT'S ON

I've read in the past that he didn't have a good grasp of English and was over-obsessed with fitness and diet as apposed to technical training. He banned Tomato Ketchup and cakes which is just tight. Tom Huddleston had ketchup on everything and was caught with his own bottle in his locker after it was banned - so the story goes.........

I don't think Emery is that strict, and he's definitely more than just a fitness merchant. His teams do play a high-tempo pressing game and the players need to be fit but he's absolutely obsessed with the technical side as well.

@Bungle im at an airport awaiting developments! Im not sure what airport it is tho...actually not certain it is an airport, i do have my notebook though! Oh..lost it

Brian McDermot has been sacked by Reading FC and has been spotted outside the Windsor Theatre Royal holding a copy of Leon Osman's autobiography and 2 comp tickets to see Blood Brothers staring one of the still living Nolan sisters. IT'S ON
Hmmmm bit of a let down that mate, from Emery to McDermot. I'll give Moshy the benefit of the doubt though and assume he knows what he's doing.

Sky have just put a stat up from Opta showing;

Manager - Win percentage

1. Jose Mourinho - 66%
2. Sir Alex Ferguson - 65%
3. Carlo Ancelotti - 63%
4. Roberto Mancini - 61%

Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.