Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he will avoid the awards cant say I blame him really. Allthough I think he was well out of his depth, I think the players just couldnt be assed
which sums them up really. We have all had managers that we do not like, but we turn up and work hard regardless, these players should be ashamed of themselves, as should the board Moshiri included, for letting this drag on in this embarrasing way.

Part way through the second season Martinez should have been ordered to employ a defensive coach, he could take it or leave simple as,
its all part of running a club. Newcastle have a director of football which has been their downfall time after time, however a board should take necessary action when they can clearly see things are not working out, and make the changes. Hire a defensive coach or leave either way the club would have been in a better position now, they should know when to step in and when not to.

The whole debacle has become embarrassing, how can we attract a big name manager when our board are so impotent

wow really sticking his neck out there!

True, but followed up by Paul Joyce: http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/669630/Roberto-Martinez-Everton-sack-transfer-news-gossip

Breaking News: Roberto Martinez will be sacked by Everton
ROBERTO MARTINEZ will be sacked by Everton.

The Goodison Park hierarchy has held talks this morning and Martinez’s fate has been sealed following a dismal season in charge. The terms of his severance package now need to be agreed.
New major shareholder Farhad Moshiri will lead the search for a successor to the beleaguered Spaniard.
If the decision to jettison Martinez is not officially announced today, he faces having to run the gauntlet tonight before tonight’s annual awards dinner.
Disgruntled supporters are planning to protest against Martinez’s reign at the event which is scheduled to be held at St George’s Hall in Liverpool city centre.
But Martinez’s tenure is over with the manner of Wednesday’s abject 3-0 defeat to Sunderland compounding a season of misery which condemns Everton finishing in the bottom half of the Premier League table for the second successive campaign.
Martinez has continued to remains defiant in the face of mounting scrutiny, but having lost the backing of supporters and a number of players boardroom backing has now been lost.
Everton had the day off today as scheduled, but Moshiri was leading discussions behind the scenes.
There is a feeling that Martinez should be spared the indignity of this evening’s awards and also Sunday’s game with Norwich at Goodison Park.
Fans’ groups, including The Blue Union, The Peoples' Group and Everton Aren't We, are due to demonstrate outside the awards.
“What we are protesting against is the continual acceptance of mediocrity, both on and off the field, by Bill Kenwright and the board of directors,” said a spokesman.
““For two seasons now, we have endured sub-standard Premier League campaigns, seen us dwindle out of contention for European football and witnessed another season go by without any silverware.
“We want Roberto Martinez removed from our club. Not only has he proved time and time again he has no idea how to get the best out of some of the most talented players in Europe at present, but also refuses to change his style of play despite openly admitting in a recent interview that a different style would give us a better chance of winning games.”

Martinez has won just 22 of his 75 league matches and his impressive debut season when he helped Everton to their highest points tally in the Premier League (72) is a distant memory.
Candidates to replace him include Southampton’s Ronald Koeman, while Frank de Boer has quit as coach of Ajax just days after his agent said he would “love to” manage Everton.

littleboy.gif

Maybe, he'll address the awards evening and admit too much of what he hoped would work has failed and so in the best interests of all parties, he is resigning with effect from the final whistle on Sunday - that might, just might suit all parties and take the sting out of any protest/chants/demonstrations on Sunday.

ive just seen its a '12 m' pay out he's due
if he gets sacked i reckon he's done this on purpose lids fffs

ive just seen its a '12 m' pay out he's due
if he gets sacked i reckon he's done this on purpose lids fffs

....3 years at £4m per year apparently. I'm sure there are negotiations to squeeze that outstanding contract otherwise we could put him on gardening leave and not take a job elsewhere. Probably agree £5m and he's free to take a job over the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.