Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Esk did say early afternoon ...

Can't concentrate at work here! Thank God I have a five-hour workshop in 15 mins so I cannot keep checking here and Twitter every 2 mins!

So, what would be the decent thing to do then?

Today I mean, what would you do if it were you at the helm, you are board/bored – do you push the button & dip the quill today or let this burst ball roll & falter ‘til Sunday?

And from the other POV - If you were stood in those slippery, well-oiled brogues would you walk before the likely debacle & farce of the NORWICH game? Or would you wish to stay, breathe in GP once more and wave goodbye to both a very patient fanbase and - in all probability - the best and finest chance you’re gonna get in PL management. And let’s not fanny about here, the chance RM has had and since piddled away was HUGE. He will not get that again IMO. Ever.

Season one saw the balloon blown to near bursting and it was ace, even the initial doubters (guilty) admit that. However the rest of the reign saw that balloon well and truly let go of… and it whistled and farted and flew without direction or any real purpose for the most then until it pretty well ran out of puff altogether last night and landed at the feet of players who’ve long since given up the fight. Perhaps this is why ROSS was so uppity, the deflated johnny of underperformance stuck fast to his little boot, unable to be shaken off…

Or maybe it was just because he’s about 11lb overweight and looks really quite out of condition.

Who knows?

Or perhaps, and like a vast majority of us, he’s just one of a number who are tired of being part of and watching something that clearly doesn’t work.

I’m ashamed of the way this has panned out.

We all deserve better than the way this has unfolded. And I include the current manager in that.

The deed is done - the fate of RM has WELL been decided, some time ago too. But he deserves better than he’s been dealt by this reprehensible board. Surely…SURELY they must see it’s about damage limitation now and, if they do, then they will announce today the parting of ways thus allowing him to give what will without question be an emotional goodbye this evening, avoid the embarrassment of protest outside and let everyone see out the season on a remotely positive note.

Surely they will do that. Won’t they?

Physically, Ross has begun resembling a body builder playing in carpet slippers. Surely the responsibility of the coaching staff should have been to point his off field focus away from the weights (and possibly KFC) and more towards the mental & stamina side of things. Have to agree though that he's doubtless exhausted listening to endless Martinez waffle and as you say 'being part of and watching something that clearly doesn’t work.' I reckon that goes for a lot of the team actually. It may go some way to explaining why they can look like they're not 4rsed on match days.

I get your point but the throwing of bricks and coins etc is violence and I am talking about banners and protests.
I dont remember many protests regarding managers in my 30years and we had some right tulips of managers in our time.
Maybe we didnt have forums in those days but for me banners etc are beneath the majority of Everton fans.
maybe Im an auld snob now I dunno
Didn't Everton fans beat up Harry Catterick because he wasn't performing?

Status
Not open for further replies.