Penalty taker

Status
Not open for further replies.
All set in stone now and can't be undone but if you know efc like I do and I know you all do the moment RL took/was given responsibility for that pen it was getting missed.Easy to say now but that's now but that's how we roll.

He was not a convincing penalty taker before yest, miss against wham and only just scored against Stoke. Here's the real killer........RL is only an efc player because of a missed pen at Chelsea when he could have won super cup against bayern and passed ball straight to keeper.That was enough for the special one .We will never learn.

One other point - but why was Ross taking the free kick just outside the area, Bainsey seems to have lost free kick as well as penalty taking. It's maddness, we have the best left foot in the league at set pieces and he just has to sit back and watch other takes the key set plays.

One other point - but why was Ross taking the free kick just outside the area, Bainsey seems to have lost free kick as well as penalty taking. It's maddness, we have the best left foot in the league at set pieces and he just has to sit back and watch other takes the key set plays.

Baines has been out of favour with RM, simple as that.

...I like Centre Forwards taking penalties, indeed I like Lukaku taking free kicks as long as he puts his foot through the ball. Baines seemed to lose a bit of confidence after the miss at United and perhaps he's not particularly pushing to take them. It's something that needs to be practised and sorted on the training ground.

Baines should definitely be the guy who's behind that ball from the penalty spot. His placement of the ball from that distance is better than any of the players we have on the pitch?

Baines' miss:

tumblr_ncz9a5IKQw1tkxzbao1_500.gif

Almost identical to Lukaku's (both against De Gea). Spooky.

Lukaku's was even 'better'.

...I like Centre Forwards taking penalties, indeed I like Lukaku taking free kicks as long as he puts his foot through the ball. Baines seemed to lose a bit of confidence after the miss at United and perhaps he's not particularly pushing to take them. It's something that needs to be practised and sorted on the training ground.

Lukaku's free kicks are better than his penalties. At least he takes them with some force behind it.

Lukaku's free kicks are better than his penalties. At least he takes them with some force behind it.
The one he just missed he fair lashed.
It wasn't a bad penalty, it was low and hard. He telegraphed what way he was going however, and didn't get it in the corner.

If Martinez doesn't see any point in working on defensive drills for set pieces because we only face 2/3 a game he isn't going to waste time practicing penalties as we only get a handful every season.

Status
Not open for further replies.