Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roberto's replacement will be the absolute KEY indicator in the type of ambition we actually have as a club. I think a lot of people are getting their hopes a bit too high with Moshiri. Moshiri might be the chairman that brings stability and improvement but not one that will throw money away. Whereas many blues are acting like we have just found the new Abramovich. I suppose by the end of the season we'll know what this new 'investor' is all about. I wouldn't want Mourinho. The guy is not happy unless he's spending £300m every season and does not have any faith in youth players.

Roberto's replacement will be the absolute KEY indicator in the type of ambition we actually have as a club. I think a lot of people are getting their hopes a bit too high with Moshiri. Moshiri might be the chairman that brings stability and improvement but not one that will throw money away. Whereas many blues are acting like we have just found the new Abramovich. I suppose by the end of the season we'll know what this new 'investor' is all about. I wouldn't want Mourinho. The guy is not happy unless he's spending £300m every season and does not have any faith in youth players.
Let's have him for two years. He spends 300m wins us the league then moves on.

The idea of Moyes worries me massively. I think I would throw in the towel with all this if he took charge again.

My concern with him getting the job is it's weird how Martinez took that shot at him about 10 years of being "mediocre" - almost like he "knows" something and is bitter about it.

Exactly. Something happening behind the scenes.

Well no. Pochettino's points record was the same at soton. He was clearly a better coach

You have to consider starting points.

Pochettino took over Southampton when they were near the bottom and took them to 8th in his only full season there. Koeman has maintained that. I'd argue creating is harder than maintaining so I'd agree Pochettino is better.

However my argument is that Koeman isn't a clearly superior coach to Moyes. We finished in the top 6 in roughly half of Moyes seasons here and top 7 in all but 3 (8th, 11th and 17th in the others)

I don't see how finishing with fewer points and lower down the league indicates Koeman being vastly superior to Moyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.