Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mate totally fed up at the moment.
I think what he's done for the club football wise at times has been fantastic we've literally ripped teams apart without getting results.
Personally think he's took too much away from the defensive side as per comment there.
Don't know where I am in terms of the way to go at the moment half of me says he's the right man where almost there.
But the other half goes back to my original comment,when we need to defend we can and that's down to the manager to find the balance which again he hasn't .
Rather him than me
I think going into tonight's game and actually playing for a point tells you all you need to know about whether Martinez is going to succeed here. Especially when we played Kone again, despite the fact he was dropped because he was awful playing that position for like 3 months. How does that make sense? He really isn't learning anything from his mistakes here, anyone apart from the bottom three would have best us tonight, sad fact but it's where the team is now

Maybe I'm just having one of those optimistic days but here goes. From hearsay, it certainly looks as though the club is actively seeking Martinez's replacement. More than likely he knows about it too. Whatever his failings over the past two years, it won't he an easy position for him and for that I would give him a bit of lee way.

From how it appears, the board won't be making a change before the end of the season (unless the next fortnight goes horribly wrong maybe.) As Esk alludes to, the next couple of years will hopefully see us go to the next level. If we have to consider the next month or so superfluous to that evolution then I'm happy to consider Martinez our caretaker manager. So long as if we do win the cup we do still see the change. After all, we all deserve that as Blues given how long we've had to wait.

Any residual confidence gone, and yet again I was talking horse. Get him out now, and get at least a couple of players back on side. We may have been more solid tonight, but we certainly didn't want to go on and win it. Palace were about as effective as a dead horse.

He has to go, and he has to go now.

This time last week I had a little faith that he could pull the cup off still for us despite everything else, but he has lost the team completely now.

Status
Not open for further replies.