Winning the FA Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is our best chance for years , we need the team that played against Chelsea not the one that laid down to Arsenal, in my opinion out of the last 4 we have the better players ,the managers got to get it right this is fame or blame for him

Ditto. I was in the scoreboard end in '66. Temple seemed to take an age to get to the penalty area and drive the winner past Springett! Celebrations at the end were mental! I was 15.

Snap, I was at the other end.
My late dad always said though that he felt as soon as Temple latched on to the ball it was a goal be cause that run on goal was something he scored from regularly. Temple was in the church hall meeting and greeting recently. He looked really well.

My late dad always said though that he felt as soon as Temple latched on to the ball it was a goal be cause that run on goal was something he scored from regularly. Temple was in the church hall meeting and greeting recently. He looked really well.

Absolutely. If you wanted one player to latch on to that chance it would be Temple. Alex Young had a clear run-in on Springett in the first half and took it too close to the 'keeper and was tripped by Springett, but no pen was given. That was at the scoreboard end and we all had a clear view of that.

The FA CUP is well past it,s sell by date. It badly needs a revamp.
I would get rid of the league cup.
Design a new FA Cup Trophy.
Final at Wembley (not semi finals at Wembley)
Invite cup winners from Wales, Scotland and Ireland.
Make the last 8 into a home and away.
Last 4 will be one game only at selected UK grounds.
Winners get a CL qualifying place.

Boom... no chance.

I actually like the thought of having the Carling/League Cup as a "British cup", including Scottish and Welsh teams - would definitely make it more interesting!

To be there and watching it live would be very emotional and quick to contain. I probably wouldn't remember it due to the occasion but will have my camera on hand and a long night in London awaits with my blue family

That's what it is all about. Bottom line.

Winning trophies. Nothing else matters.

For once we agree on something my friend ! I know what you mean about people now believing fourth is bigger than winning trophies, as if after 21 years we have the audacity to think we have a choice. Winning cups and leagues is all that matters, fourth place shouldn't even be a CHAMPIONS league place IMO.

The underlying negativity that is permeating this thread is exactly why I feel a change is the only way forward.

It would be incredible to win it, a great day for all Blues. Been far too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.