Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get it: any time we see out a game with ease or end a game on the front foot it's because other stuff intervened; any time we've struggled is solely down to us. Uncanny that isn't it?

Martinez has resurrected a football club from the ashes with sheer force of will down at Swansea; he led a team from a one horse town to the biggest domestic cup in world football against the most expensively assembled squad in the world; then he reconfigured Moyes' team and led them in a new direction to achieve the club's best PL performance. Do yourself a favour mate - try and take the edge off your obvious hatred for this manager and look for a little balance.

As for Jagileka: yes, at least we're on agreement there - that he's turd as a leader of this team.

Also took that same club into relegation with failing league performances year on year. If facts are going to be related or even opinions there should be balance.

I'm no accountant or bank manager therefore 30 mil profit on a irreplaceable (unless you could suggest another) means nothing to me.
But you're mystic meg?
There aren't any other strikers out there? None?
Think how many footballers there are.
And there are NONE we could get who'd score 15-20 goals?

It's suited some on here to polarise the debate about Martinez - into some from of choice between the merits of a successful league campaign and winning a cup (which we haven't done yet)

Writing off the second successive poor league campaign as being somehow 'meaningless' in comparison to lifting the FA Cup creates that false narrative.

And leaving us without probably Europe's most sought after u23 striker, easily capable of 20+ per season? :rolleyes: Rather the goals in the bag than the dough on the table (That we're not as desperate for, now)
2 things.

1, but if he wants to leave, let him.

2, so if you aren't bothered by the dough, you're not bothered about where we finish this season provided we win the FA Cup?

Status
Not open for further replies.