Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez has resurrected a football club from the ashes with sheer force of will down at Swanse - Nothing out of the ordinary happened there that hasn't been done by a million managers over time, the most recent being Howe at Bournemouth. In fact, Ian Holloway even got Blackpool into the premier league, nothing to see here, invalid point.

he led a team from a one horse town to the biggest domestic cup in world football against the most expensively assembled squad in the world - The history of the FA Cup is littered with these stories, such as Wimbledon, Sunderland etc...and in recent years very poor sides have got to the final including Millwall and Aston Villa, nothing to see here, move on.

then he reconfigured Moyes' team and led them in a new direction to achieve the club's best PL performance. Do yourself a favour mate - try and take the edge off your obvious hatred for this manager and look for a little balance. - He took over the side, added a few new players in midfield and an attacker and we had a good season. All of that was undone the season afterwards though when we had our lowest league finish for a good few seasons. This season he is following the pattern of last season, which suggests the first season was a FLUKE SEASON. I am afraid it is you who appears a tad unbalanced old chap.

There, I have added the answers to your inanely moot points.

Slightly misleading, this shortlist of loyal people. I think there's a lot more, at least willing to let him see out the season, and I guarantee their long term outlook on Martinez is very much dependent on our remaining two games in the FA Cup. They might shout OUT after every loss but, for all intents and purposes, they are sitting on the fence. I think you and I even fall into this category in some respect
Obviously, it was a gag, not a very good one but a gag non the less. According to the poll there is still around 3 in every 10 Evertonians that are happy with 21 wins in our last 67 (Sixty-seven) league games.

There, I have added the answers to your inanely moot points.
dr-mccoy-and-captain-kirk-approve.gif

The way I'm looking at it. Inherited a team with its best players aging. First season, no distractions and those players largely still at top of their game and extra added by Martinez. Fifth.
Next year. More transitional and more reliance on inexperience, plus a long Europa cup run, disappointing but some signs of improvement towards the end of season with the introduction of Lennon. This season, less transition but now a very young back four, forward play massively improves and likely to finish slightly higher in league with two great cup runs. Good signs but needs to focus on defensive improvements and look to increase options going forward. All doable. On top of this we've seen a huge rise in the value of the squad. And it seems more determination to hold onto them. Some of this could easily have helped procure extra investment.
Good signs. But there needs to be more.

The way I'm looking at it. Inherited a team with its best players aging. First season, no distractions and those players largely still at top of their game and extra added by Martinez. Fifth.
Next year. More transitional and more reliance on inexperience, plus a long Europa cup run, disappointing but some signs of improvement with improvement towards the end of season. This season, less transition but now a very young back four, forward play massively improves and likely to finish slightly higher in league with two great cup runs. Good signs but needs to focus on defensive improvements and look to increase options going forward. All doable. On top of this we've seen a huge rise in the value of the squad. And it seems more determination to hold onto them. Some of this could easily have helped procure extra investment.
Good signs. But there needs to be more.

Hmmmm you mean losing to Sunderland and Spurs in our last 2 home fixtures? you see now I am not convinced! lol

If that were so the club will be bankrupt and nothing to show for the spend and we would be down a hole from which there could be no escape.:coffee:
Even if he ultimately relegates us, Martinez will still be seen by some as Everton's greatest PL manager...or have you forgotten '72 points'.?

Status
Not open for further replies.