Tim Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Begovic moved to Stoke in January (well, February).

Who is Valdes on loan from if he was a free agent? Himself?

You get players whenever you stump up the the money. I agree that summer deals are preferable, but then you lose that bit of leeway when you knowingly start the season with a goalkeeper who is grossly incompetent. A stopgap would have been fine as long as it meant getting Howard out of the team - he's that bad.

Fair enough on Begovic, but like I said he didn't become automatic first choice at Stoke IIRC.

As for Valdes, he really isn't all that. There's a reason nobody else took a punt on him either mate... and he's not a free agent either he's still on Utd's books hence the loan.

Also, we've got that stop gap in Joel who deserves his shot a lot more than Valdes would. Nothing wrong with Howard being here, he just shouldn't be first choice. We can move him on in the summer.

....I'd agree with the whole personal abuse thing, it's not nice, however the whole 'he doesn't pick himself' scenario is less clear, there may be a subconscious fan belief (rightly or wrongly) that he's not being dropped due to the potential for eh, dramatics on his part within the dressing room, rather than turning the ire on Bobby solely perhaps there is an (again subconscious) empathy for the position Roberto is 'speculatively' in, could all be pure conjecture that Tim is a bit of a bell, but you know what I'm getting at?
That's the thing though, it's all conjecture but people just assuse the worst. I don't think it's a fear of dropping tim himself but dropping vetern members in general (barry and Tim still playing so much last season).

He could admit he's been poor instead of saying if you're not a professional goalkeeper then you can't judge me. It's the big ego that irritates me. Yes, he doesn't pick himself but at least hold yo

Athletes are usually the last ones to realize their skills are declining. They have to get exposed as not fast enough or strong enough anymore like Howard is now before they'll admit it. Even then not everyone does.

Athletes are usually the last ones to realize their skills are declining. They have to get exposed as not fast enough or strong enough anymore like Howard is now before they'll admit it. Even then not everyone does.

I reckon he secretly knows but won't admit it to himself. Not healthy that. Let it all out Tim, we're here for you.

And at the time he didn't go into Stoke's team as first choice...

So what? You said name a good keeper who moved in January, as though it was some kind of footballing impossibility to sign a decent player in January. I named one who did. He was first choice at Pompey too.

Him going into the Stoke side has got nothing to do with anything. January can see you ripped off selling and buying. It can also offer some decent players up cheap, depending on the situation his club is in.

You're trying to tell me there wasn't one better keeper than Howard available when there's probably half a league full of them underneath us.

Turn it in.

blessing in disguise

Tim Howard is an injury doubt ahead of Everton’s home Premier League clash with Newcastle United.

The American suffered a knee problem in training and will be monitored in the lead-up to Wednesday evening’s clash at Goodison.

Speaking at his pre-match press conference, manager Roberto Martinez said: “We are going to assess Tim. He had a knock in training yesterday.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2016/02/02/howard-a-doubt-for-newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.