Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It fits the criteria you asked for.

Wouldn't be my choice at all.

and a touche excessive on the 'ha's' I do believe

I don't believe David Moyes is a better manager than Martinez at this point in time. So no, it wouldn't fit my criteria...

That isn't a slant on Moyes. Did great for us for many years, then tried to **** on us when he moved to Utd. Forgiven him now, don't mind him as a pundit, hope he gets a job back in the prem soon.

Totally disagree. There's tons of managers out there who can organise a defence better than Martinez.

No amount of 'pulling together', 'lets all back the lads', 'lets all get behind the team' and 'lets wait until the end of the season' can change the fact that Martinez has a horrendous track record of being unable to organise a defence dating back years (one season the exception, when he inherited a well-drilled defence and didn't try to enforce his stupid ideas on the defence at that point).

He hasn't learnt any lessons in 18 months so I'm not sure why people expect him to learn any in the next 4 months.

Simply untrue!

In his first year, Martinez introduced Barry and McCarthy as defensive wing backs and gave Baines and Coleman - especially Coleman - new responsibilities in playing the ball out of defence.

It worked for the attack and the defence, improving on the performance the year before.

2012/13 6 Everton 38 16 15 7 55 40 +15 63
2013/14 5 Everton 38 21 09 8 61 39 +22 72

Simply untrue!

In his first year, Martinez introduced Barry and McCarthy as defensive wing backs and gave Baines and Coleman - especially Coleman - new responsibilities in playing the ball out of defence.

It worked for the attack and the defence, improving on the performance the year before.

2012/13 6 Everton 38 16 15 7 55 40 +15 63
2013/14 5 Everton 38 21 09 8 61 39 +22 72

I'm just waiting for the name of a manager mate. I've got no problem if people seriously want Martinez out. Just think they should present a serious, realistic alternative rather than 'we need a top manager' or all the doom and gloom.

2012/13 06 Everton 38 16 15 7 55 40 +15 63
2015/16 12 Everton 23 06 11 6 40 34 +06 29

Moysie managed 15 draws in 2012/13. You don't think that we're going to exceed that this year, do you?

He's back at home. If I bump into him, I could ask him what he thinks.

I'm just waiting for the name of a manager mate. I've got no problem if people seriously want Martinez out. Just think they should present a serious, realistic alternative rather than 'we need a top manager' or all the doom and gloom.
I am like a stuck record
As we are a mid table team and very short of real money, none of the top managers will take a second look at us.
This means every manager we go for is a gamble
Moyes was a gamble
Martinez was a gamble

I have no problem people wanting a new manager, but sometime be careful for what you wish for

I like Eddie Howe but what a gamble
Ryan Giggs maybe worth a shout a bigger gamble

We could go on and on

would you have expected a fan to name moyes? Or pochetino? Or ranieri? Would you have agreed if somebody said bilic or pardew would be outperforming Martinez? My guess is no to all of the above. So basically it's irrelevant whether joe bloggs can name a replacement, they are out there if you know what you're looking for.

would you have expected a fan to name moyes? Or pochetino? Or ranieri? Would you have agreed if somebody said bilic or pardew would be outperforming Martinez? My guess is no to all of the above. So basically it's irrelevant whether joe bloggs can name a replacement, they are out there if you know what you're looking for.

Right, well why then is everybody an expert on tactics etc? If people want Martinez out, then suggest an alternative. It's not hard to do.

Luckily it's not our job.

Yeh it isn't. But with the comments about Martinez needing to go - not just on here, but twitter et all - are to go by, then everyone is an expert, or so they think...

If people are so fed up of it that they want Martinez out for good, right now, then I'd like them to suggest a viable alternative that we could get to replace him... I understand it's people's opinions, but they often post them as fact. So put their money where their mouth is and suggest a realistic option.

I think most people are willing to give him more time, and see where we're at in the summer.

Yeh it isn't. But with the comments about Martinez needing to go - not just on here, but twitter et all - are to go by, then everyone is an expert, or so they think...

If people are so fed up of it that they want Martinez out for good, right now, then I'd like them to suggest a viable alternative that we could get to replace him... I understand it's people's opinions, but they often post them as fact. So put their money where their mouth is and suggest a realistic option.

I think most people are willing to give him more time, and see where we're at in the summer.

I wouldn't get rid until summer. But not because there's no alternatives out there.

Reactions: Jxg
I wouldn't get rid until summer. But not because there's no alternatives out there.

There aren't any alternatives that would improve us that would leave the jobs they are in to join us at this moment, I believe.

Summer is a different matter. Hopefully it won't come to it anyway and he/the squad can turn it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.