Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still with Roberto. I just feel he deserves another chance in at least the next season. Our offense is boss this year, sadly the defence is absolutely terrible. Because of his first season, I truly believe he deserves time to fix our problems. I don't want to see our club becoming a place when we always try to solve all our problems when they come by sacking our manager. Even Man Utd did not sack Ferguson when he ManU were terrible in 3 of 4 first Fergie's seasons.

I voted yes simply on the basis I will not call for the head of the manager when the team have basically been cheated out of the chance to defend their hard won advantage with the clock starting to tick down.

The more I look at that ball being crossed back from behind the line the angrier I get.

However, I have one major proviso.

I felt confident when the ball was coming in the box, knowing Joel was there.

He bailed out Jags when he got in trouble with the flight of the ball outside the box in a way Timmy didn't at Chelsea, leading to a goal.

He dealt with the chance resulting from Barry's miscontrol in the box in a way Timmy did not deal with the one resulting from Stones's bad back pass on Sunday, leading to the penno.

The truth is out there, Bobby.....open your mind as well as your eyes.

I fully expect to see Joel in the side next Wednesday versus the Barcodes.

If he is not, then I am coming back on this thread and changing my vote to Martinez out.

:whip:

People will laugh and snigger and it won't happen but I'd have Rafael....no BS from Rafael praising players for doing nothing and he'd organise them and get them to work.

I hope Martinez turns us around but I'm beginning to lose patients with him. Some of his decision making is mental. Playing Stones Rb tonight, just like he did against the RS away in his 1st season, was an awful decision. He's not learning from his mistakes.

I agree on Benitez, don't like the man one bit but he's a great manager

I hope Martinez turns us around but I'm beginning to lose patients with him. Some of his decision making is mental. Playing Stones Rb tonight, just like he did against the RS away in his 1st season, was an awful decision. He's not learning from his mistakes.

I agree on Benitez, don't like the man one bit but he's a great manager

I thought that decision smacked of cowardice and many on here predicted such a thing.

Jags and Funes Mori was the obvious CB pairing but he hid behind Seamus's injury to play that pair but keep Stones in the team.

And if Seamus could not be risked from the start, then Oviedo was the better bet IMO.

FFS look how many times Baines ended up in the right back position in the first half.

I don't know. Being able to turn down 40 million pound bids for 21 year olds, and paying 28 million for 21 year olds doesn't exactly scream poverty to me. Are we not in the top 20 richest clubs in world football? We can certainly do a lot better than Martinez.

Obviously there will be a need to replace the likes of Lukaku and Stones if they were to be sold, but if the money was given back to the manager they would be looking at a 'warchest' of circa 100 million, that's without even touching the TV money.

The "guaranteed" top managers will go to the clubs with the most cash available. With the best will in the workd that means City, Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool are ahead of us in the pecking order. Admittedly Arsenal are settled manager wise, but it still means we'd be likely to be looking at someone not totally proven.

I'm sure there are better managers than Martinez available within our budget though, but I'm not convinced the really top cream managers could be attracted to Goodison.

Which is why, if I was in charge, I'd review it at the end of the season. Luckily for all concerned, I'm not in charge !

One of the best managers in the world would not come here due to our financial constraints.

If the fraud doesn't take us down don't worry about those past constraints, we will have more money to dangle in front of a top European manager then all but a very small number of big European sides. Yes might be the same as all the other Premier League sides but its something not on offer outside of these shores.

The "guaranteed" top managers will go to the clubs with the most cash available. With the best will in the workd that means City, Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool are ahead of us in the pecking order. Admittedly Arsenal are settled manager wise, but it still means we'd be likely to be looking at someone not totally proven.

I'm sure there are better managers than Martinez available within our budget though, but I'm not convinced the really top cream managers could be attracted to Goodison.

Which is why, if I was in charge, I'd review it at the end of the season. Luckily for all concerned, I'm not in charge !

Rafael Benitez knows Liverpool, is not working, takes no nonsense from player or board, has no reason to feel loyal to the RS and gets teams into shape getting them to over perform.

He didn't fail at Real madrid. that is a circus.

Get Rafael

That's your opinion and I can see why others feel the same. Still not out of the FA Cup though.

You may say 8 points off 5th too. When the team is knocked out then the Martinez lovers will say given him another season to build.

If he doesn't get us 7th (Europa place) at the end of season he has to go. 18 wins out of 61. No sign of improvement.

I am still with Roberto. I just feel he deserves another chance in at least the next season. Our offense is boss this year, sadly the defence is absolutely terrible. Because of his first season, I truly believe he deserves time to fix our problems. I don't want to see our club becoming a place when we always try to solve all our problems when they come by sacking our manager. Even Man Utd did not sack Ferguson when he ManU were terrible in 3 of 4 first Fergie's seasons.
Deserves time.its not like it's a new project with him. He did the same with Wigan. Are we going to join him forever in hoping that his philosophy on football will eventually become right.bring Messi and Ronaldo into this team and we would still struggle to win games.its time to spot that Martinez is deluded no matter how great he comes across.

Status
Not open for further replies.