Match Thread Everton Vs Manchester City - Capital One Cup - Semi Final 1st Leg - Wednesday 6th January - 20:00 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Northwest Tonight on BBC before - Everton won against "an out of sorts City side". Well that explains it then, Everton were rubbish but City were worse. Do these people actually watch the game or just make things up?
You should read the thoughts - thoughts? - of the handful of kopites who did the match thread at rawk.

I'd just like to add that yesterday was an excellent performance, front to back!

I agree we could've and probably should've scored another one as they were there for the taking, but it could be argued that with them hitting the post and bar, they should've had another one too, so I'll take it!

2-1 heading into the second leg - COYB!!

I'll probably make this point again in ijjy's preview but we just have to score to make it hard for City to get through without pen's.

That's assuming our rubbish defending has been sorted. It's been OK in the last two matches.

Loved the match although I fear we have let them off the hook. Did enough for a 3 goal lead but are facing elimination with a 1-0 defeat. That said that performance will have given this side a bit more experience and belief that they can mix it at the top. We can certainly do this and it was always likely we would have to score away any way. Thought they were all excellent but like many was especially pleased Besic did well. I am convinced a bit more bite in midfield and more dominance between the sticks will see a massive upturn in our season.

a 1-0 defeat would only take it to extra time and allow us an extra 30 mins to grab an away goal that would either win us the game if we draw or take the game to pens if man city were to score again and it finished 2-1 to them....

Loved the match although I fear we have let them off the hook. Did enough for a 3 goal lead but are facing elimination with a 1-0 defeat. That said that performance will have given this side a bit more experience and belief that they can mix it at the top. We can certainly do this and it was always likely we would have to score away any way. Thought they were all excellent but like many was especially pleased Besic did well. I am convinced a bit more bite in midfield and more dominance between the sticks will see a massive upturn in our season.
Away goals only count after 90 mins at the Etihad....but I'm confident we will score anyway.

Another thing about yesterday i thought ref was brilliant. To many refs nowadays give freekicks for the sake of it. Fellaini used to be a victim of it an you can just see Besic will be another not for their own doings

Mo is proving himself. Rom is just... well, Rom. And Ramiro has fit in nicely (for the most part). The boys should feel good and confident going into the 2nd leg.

City fans can moan all they like but their goalie's view was clearly not obstructed by Lukaku. He saw the ball, dived to where it was going
and stopped it. Didn't hold it, but he saw it, end of.

Status
Not open for further replies.