Tim Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i didn't really see it like that. I thought howard was off his line and then flapped. But its opinions like
The commentators on the television both thought they were just amazing goals. For the third, the color commentator specifically said on the replay that he didn't think Howard could have done anything more to prevent it.

A large portion of our supporters has already made up their minds about Howard, and everything that happens involving him they'll see in the worst possible light. I don't think you'll find any neutrals who would single out Howard for blame today.

Ah I get it now, the latest defence of Howard is that if another keeper makes a mistake, then it's okay for Howard to make one too.
No, it's that what you think is a mistake isn't something that any impartial observer would consider a mistake. Using the other keeper as an example is just trying to show you that.

We're not talking about Butland, this is the Tim Howard thread.
I'd take Butland over Howard in a second, but to be fair, Butland made zero saves today. Your point stands, however. Howard needs replacing now. He's not the only cause of our complete defensive incompetence, but he's not helping anything. We're not going to be threatening the league this season, so I just hope Martinez does his homework and gets the replacement right.

The commentators on the television both thought they were just amazing goals. For the third, the color commentator specifically said on the replay that he didn't think Howard could have done anything more to prevent it.

A large portion of our supporters has already made up their minds about Howard, and everything that happens involving him they'll see in the worst possible light. I don't think you'll find any neutrals who would single out Howard for blame today.

I don't see how the two third goals were the same. One was a square ball for a tap in across goal leaving butland nowhere, the other was howard flapping the ball to the six yard line leaving a open goal? And howard was miles off his line for shaqiri second.

I have made my opinion but its been based on multiple seasons. Even if butland had made a complete hash of something that doesn't mean howard doing the same is fine. I'm a bit lost by the argument.

Well, twice today. If you're going to criticize Howard for Stoke's second and third, I don't see how Butland can be blameless for our second and third.

Howard was a bit at fault for the third. It was a good cross but Howard and Mori got in each others way. Overall, Howard didn't do much wrong today, but he didn't do anything particularly out of the ordinary either, which, over the last few months, is pretty much par for the course.

He's dropped down from being decent a few years ago to borderline average now, but, to be fair, the main problems were in front of him today.

Status
Not open for further replies.