Everton v Leicester City. 19th Dec at 1500.

Leicester

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A very well rounded counter argument there, would read again. *Leicester fan in kopite disguise alert*

Ok, yes I agree we are flying high and full of confidence but that's really the only good point you've managed to etch out.

Lack of overall quality? We have statistically the two best players in the league, one of whom is not even at his peak yet. Kante and Drinkwater are miles ahead of Barry's currently capability and are better than Cleverley (although this is fairly subjective). Kante has made the most interceptions out of any player in the PL, despite not even starting the first 3/4 games. The Switzerland captain can't currently get into the team because of these two. I have some sympathy with your comment in terms of our defence, however, Fuchs and Morgan have been superb, particularly in recent weeks and the ejection of De Laet and Schlupp for Simpson and Fuchs has steadied our defence immensely.

We must of set a world record for a bubble to resist bursting. 9 months, jesus.

Ok, yes I agree we are flying high and full of confidence but that's really the only good point you've managed to etch out.

Lack of overall quality? We have statistically the two best players in the league, one of whom is not even at his peak yet. Kante and Drinkwater are miles ahead of Barry's currently capability and are better than Cleverley (although this is fairly subjective). Kante has made the most interceptions out of any player in the PL, despite not even starting the first 3/4 games. The Switzerland captain can't currently get into the team because of these two. I have some sympathy with your comment in terms of our defence, however, Fuchs and Morgan have been superb, particularly in recent weeks and the ejection of De Laet and Schlupp for Simpson and Fuchs has steadied our defence immensely.

We must of set a world record for a bubble to resist bursting. 9 months, jesus.

9 months is less than a full season, Newcastle finished near 4th in one full season as did Southampton, West ham, West Brom etc.

Your players outside of Mahrez and Vardy are mid table quality your just playing on confidence, same way Chelsea's players are title winning quality but are low on confidence hence how every side no matter how poor is turning them over week in week out.

Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame as you'll be back to midtable next season same as all the rest outside of the top 4.

I'm really surprised at the lack of respect being shown to Leicester in this thread. I thought we'd be one of the more likeable teams in the league.
I'd expect it from the elitist clubs like United and Man City but not you lot. If it wasn't us I'd be rooting for a team of our stature to break into the top 4 if they made a start like ours

I think we can treat the next 2 or 3 games as bonus points after getting 7 from United, Swansea and Chelsea. If Arsenal and Man City draw we're top for Christmas regardless of our result :)

I don't think there's a lack of respect, just a perspective that Leicester are another one of the yo-yo clubs that we see come and go in the top division. You'll have to get used to this kind of attitude, until you've done something of note for a fair few years in a row (even then it's likely to persist).

Best of luck to you in the mean time, it's great to see a club from amongst the lesser lights being right up there.

Moving on to tomorrow's game, I am really looking forward to seeing how you play as I haven't watched you at all yet.

A few years ago a team called Coalville came to play my local team in the FA Vase. There was talk of trouble, and they were bringing some of Leicesters 'baby squad', (no, me neither), and a legendary bloke called 'Leicester Daz'. Well, I stood there nonplussed as just feet away from me a group of what I can only describe as a poundland version of the ICF, gnashed their teeth and comically shook the temporary fencing. I think they damaged a few car wing mirrors and went home. This is, unfortunately, my only experience of Leicester fans thus far.

*imagines the scene at McCarthy's house*
The letterbox opens and an envelope containing a photos of Mahrez and Vardy and a shiny Silver Dollar gets poked through
James looks at the pictures and his eyes narrow...
"Mission Accepted" he whispers to himself, the goes back to the living room to punch some brick walls and eat babies.

Negative ?? Ultra defensive ?? Looking to nick one ??

I really hope the Toffo's think the same way you do !! We'll just rip in like we have been, like we did to Chelsea, Only faild once against the Arse' but that was just the Walcott show, you don't have anything like that quality

Leicester 2 Chelsea 1 Possession Leicester 34% Chelsea 66%
Leicester 2 Watford 1 Possession Leicester 41% Watford 59%
Leicester 2 Arsenal 5 Possession Leicester 42% Arsenal 58%

I'm looking forward to seeing how Leicester play on Saturday. Breakaways are the big danger.

should be an open attacking game with 2 of the best free scoring teams on show,3-2 everton or 2-2,one defeat in 20 v Leicester,and unbeaten in last 11,Just dont want Vardy booked which i am half expecting

Status
Not open for further replies.