Match Thread Everton vs Liverpool, Goodison Park, Oct 4th, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listened in work on radio sat next a red whose actual sound lid. Very tense ha ha. He looked relieved were as I was a bit disappointed. Sounds like we just missed that bit of a clinical edge, and good decision making in the final 3rd.

Felt like a loss leaving the ground. Can't fault most of the team today. They came with 5 at the back and for a manager who has spent 300mill (and counting) that is a disgrace.
October is a big month and will shape our season.

Why on gods earth are loads of so called Evertonians happy at not beating the worst liverpool team in recent memory at home, i just can't believe it
know one has a divine right to win a football match. They had a better shape than us, mainly because we had a rookie back 4 out and sat deep. I think we played the nicer football today but it could have gone either way

Im disappointed we didnt win, but at least we met them head to head. We no longer have to fear them and for most parts today were better in all areas.
1 point gained against mid table opposition. NEA. Anyways...if anyone is interested, I fully recommend the 1878 Lounge! It was awesome!! Considering getting a membership after today!!

Because we got a point against a crap team at home. I feel like i did after watford at home

Why on gods earth are loads of so called Evertonians happy at not beating the worst liverpool team in recent memory at home, i just can't believe it

Not sure too many are happy lads, but on a different day we'd have won comfortably. Mignolet makes two great saves, we concede a poor goal, but respond almost immediately, appalling refereeing and we're held to a draw.

We're on the ascendancy, looking very positive for the rest of the season, they're looking desperate.

Not sure too many are happy lads, but on a different day we'd have won comfortably. Mignolet makes two great saves, we concede a poor goal, but respond almost immediately, appalling refereeing and we're held to a draw.

We're on the ascendancy, looking very positive for the rest of the season, they're looking desperate.
I swear to God that instead of being the better team on the day and creating the clearer chances and getting a point, these people would rather we were second best on the day, created nothing and lost.

They were there for the taking, average slop, their two best players sturridge and coutinho didn't have a sniff.. We done our obligatory Derby howler for their goal but we still should of stuffed them, so disappointed he didn't swap McCarthy or Barry for Gibson 2nd half and take the game to them, they had nothing to offer on the counter we should of gone for it and we would of won if we did

Listened in work on radio sat next a red whose actual sound lid. Very tense ha ha. He looked relieved were as I was a bit disappointed. Sounds like we just missed that bit of a clinical edge, and good decision making in the final 3rd.

....yep, missed opportunity really. They started very well and we survived for a spell of 20mins or so, ironically we were looking better and forced the keeper into a couple of fine saves when they scored. Poor goal, little fella gets a free header in the six yard box. Lukaku did terrific for the equaliser and I always felt we were more likely to nick it than them.

Totally agree with @the esk. The only day this season Mignolet turns up, a p*** poor referee performance!! We are deffo on the ascendancy and they are grasping at straws. Sakho and Leiva to name but two. Both were shocking and shouldnt have been on the field but hey ho.
We will finish above them. Guarenteed. Martinez is building a team for the future and a few set backs (draws against the sh**e) is all part and parcel. Put it this way, atm would you rather be a blue or a red sh**e?. Im sure i know the answer....

Yeah the result is disappointing but we seem to have a far positive outlook for the rest of the season than they do. Considering our fixtures it's a decent start for us with some decent performances and one or two excellent ones. We seem to have reverted back to being difficult to beat which is a good portent even if our attack is not always on song. They on the other hand have pretty much got their full line up available and only have a few scraped home wins past the poorest sides in the league to show for it.

The disappointing thing is I think with a bit more ambition we could have won. Gibson for me should have come on when we were chasing the goal and I don't see why Deulofeu and Lennon couldn't go in tandem or Kone partner Lukaky up front but again we stick to two DMs always, only one winger always, and again in a huge game we see Ross playing out of position on the wing. We have the tools to demolish these sides but almost limit ourselves unless we are 2 down. We're back to needing to beat United to maintain our good start. That would be 8 points from ; tricky games.

Not happy at all. They are friggin awful, we should have won. We are clearly a better team than them.

At least Brenda will be staying for a bit longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.