Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given our current penchant for Beatles' songs, Lennon is a given. A Spurs fan in the pub yesterday asked me whether we would be signing him. Like I knew! I said yes.

@HLNinEngeland: Kicker: Wolfsburg are no longer interested in signing Dennis Praet, because of the (possible) Draxler deal. Also what @hlnsport was told.
@anthonypants86: @HLNinEngeland @hlnsport Praet any chance to EFC? would love to see more Belgian at Goodison
@HLNinEngeland: @anthonypants86 @hlnsport It's not about nationality, it's about quality. You have Ross Barkley.

....have to say I like what I've seen of Praet. Whoever comes in as a no10 will probably mean a re-think of where Barkley plays.

We can hurt teams who come out at us with the players we already have (more especially when the walking wounded get back in contention), but we're leaving matters in the lap of the Gods if we dont bring in a player capable of opening a defence when teams stand off.

It really is that simple and always has been. Martinez KNOWS this, so I'm staggered we dont have that type in already. Now we must desperately wait and see if he's allowed a few quid to bring one in (probably on loan) and then suffer the obligatory work permit/fitness test tribulations.

Agree mate. It's what this side lacked last year - it also takes the onus of Barkley to be the main creative force, and frees him up as they can't double up on him if we have a dangerous player elsewhere in midfield.

Agree mate. It's what this side lacked last year - it also takes the onus of Barkley to be the main creative force, and frees him up as they can't double up on him if we have a dangerous player elsewhere in midfield.
There's no excuse whatsoever. Pienaar cant be pointed to with any credibility. He's just not able to get anything more than a handful of games (at very best).

Get a player with guile in or see the season slip away. Pretty simple really.

Praet is more than capable of playing on the wing as well ala Pienaar. My only concern is he's very raw and I think we could do with a more experienced player for such a key role. Praet is a talent though.

£4.5 million is a higher net spend than Stoke, and a few others. Stoke and some other mid table clubs may have bought, but in most cases their reciepts for transfers out have covered or almost covered their spending. Spurs are about even, I think.

?

Who have Stoke sold to reduce their net spend?

Status
Not open for further replies.