Joel Robles

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should be entertaining at kids parties and not in goal for us.

Or on Blackpool beach with the other donkeys. He is not the answer. We desperately need a new keeper as Howard will only get worse with Age while Robles will be Robles.

@Joey66 any change on your opinion on him pal?

Seriously, I think if we'd have kept him in goal last season instead of putting Howard back in we'd have really been in danger of relegation. I've never seen a poorer goalkeeper for us.
TBH Doug any keeper including the two we have with that defence is going to live on the edge, Robles again looked a shaky as Shakin Stevens, not impressed, and the defence was all over the place - we need a Keeper, to think DM let John Ruddy go????

Ah I really want to like Robles, after his little run last season he really looked to be getting there, but you can't keep having to have a few games before you get comfortable, he's making basic errors. And for a lad of his size he really doesn't want to come out and claim the ball when crosses come in.
Stuck between a rock and a hard place in terms of keepers at the minute
That defence would give any Keeper a nightmare!

goalkeeping masterclass from him today. terrible defending for the second where our whole team stood like statues and left robles with no chance but to try and tip it away with 1 arm.

he made a couple of vital saves in the second half of ET to keep us in the lead. been over a year since howard has done things like that for us.

TBH Doug any keeper including the two we have with that defence is going to live on the edge, Robles again looked a shaky as Shakin Stevens, not impressed, and the defence was all over the place - we need a Keeper, to think DM let John Ruddy go????

To be fair Joe you admitted already this season Howard's looked more assured at the back, just poking a bit pal!

If we've got any cash left come deadlineday it's got to be spent on a keeper to challenge Howard mate...

My grandads 5 a side keeper reckons he's free most weekends now he's fallen out with his daughter in law!

goalkeeping masterclass from him today. terrible defending for the second where our whole team stood like statues and left robles with no chance but to try and tip it away with 1 arm.

he made a couple of vital saves in the second half of ET to keep us in the lead. been over a year since howard has done things like that for us.
The woodwork saved us too!
Two ok saves, awful defending one bad mistake by Robles devoid of confidence as well!

Keepers need to be better at sweeping up balls over the top these days. Robles has had lead in his boots all night. It's caused the defence no end of problems.

communication comes with time tbh. howard has been working with pretty much the same back 4 for about 5 years now and still gives me shakes. cech has looked wobbly with a new defence so far.

The woodwork saved us too!
Two ok saves, awful defending one bad mistake by Robles devoid of confidence as well!

shot off target. we defended very poorly today, they put in a couple of okayish crosses and scored from them. was hardly a wave of attacks.

Howard or Robles mate ?

He is truly awful. Can't think of a strong point to his game tbh. GK is a position that really needs to be addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.