John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be equally as dangerous not accepting it. Not keen on keeping players who don't want to be here.

Christ, is there actually a way we can win this situation?

He's on 30k a week mate. A lot of money to me or you, but, to put it in perspective, it's what we were paying Anichebe about 5 years ago, and he was hardly ever fit.

We could take the 30k per week hit, no problem. It would then be up to John if he wants to sit on the sidelines all season.

Just tell him he can go next season, and no sooner.

players come and go , but the issue for me is the way Chelsea have done this , it has been despicable .

the Chelsea manager and players have tapped him in and out of the media (you think their players haven't been on the phone to stones?)
the London press have done all they can to get him to the capital
my guess is stones agent has also been in contact and been made promises by Chelsea.

time and time again we have said he isn't for sale and isn't going anywhere , that pond life egomaniac nut job mourinho has pushed and pushed with complete and total disregard and disrespect for our club.

when that low life scum bag club plays us in a few weeks , I hope the fans and the team give them total hell.
I want 90 minutes of pure anger and disgust thrown at their manager and players. I want them running off that pitch in complete fear.

also if stones is a Chelsea player , I want our lads to give him what for. no smiles , no handshakes , just man handled , roughed up and made to feel like the judas he is.

This except for the last line. We're bound to sell. They need to make sure that they do it at the best price and with time to get a half decent replacement........

IF were going to sell, we know that its not going to be for less than £30m, so surely we could go out and spend that £30m on other players, with anything else over that a bonus.

Could be equally as dangerous not accepting it. Not keen on keeping players who don't want to be here.

Yes indeed.
We keep quiet and let the window expire.
We sit down with Stones and calmly, discuss his future as an Everton player because that's what he is.
If, after sensible, calm discussions he still says he wants to go, we tell him that he has to wait till next summer and that the very least we would accept is X million (with x being a minimum of £50 million).
He plays hard all season to ensure he goes to the Euros, the team might actually match him and surprise us all with a great season... Stones possibly reconsiders and even if he doesn't, he's ensured by his performances that we get more than we could ever realistically have demanded or expected.
Everton can come out of this winning.

This whole Stones being sold scenario was called WEEKS ago by more than one account, but heres a tweet -

To say him being sold isn't a board decision is being a bit naive.

The only surprising part is when Martinez said he won't be sold even if he handed in a transfer request. We'll see how that pans out.

Ijjy, we don't look daft mate.
We are keeping our powder dry and should do nothing else until the window has closed.
Trust me, silence is golden in this situation !!

There is also the possibility that Everton are having lawyers look over any potential statements so as not to affect any 'poaching' claims.

Honestly i dont think there is, we sell stones we get money with no time to get proper replacement, and world football knowing we will be desperate.

we keep him and he potentially could be unhappy for a season.

its lose lose at the moment

utd coming in and bumping the price up and finding some players with release clauses, so we can sort new players quickly?

Haha - perfect proof. If you even bothered to read my post I wasn't even defending Kenwright, but because I referred to him as 'Bill' you immediately mark me as 'one of them'. This is the pathetic reaction that blights this kind of forum. You can't - or rather won't - see beyond the end of your nose.

:D ok

He's on 30k a week mate. A lot of money to me or you, but, to put it in perspective, it's what we were paying Anichebe about 5 years ago, and he was hardly ever fit.

We could take the 30k per week hit, no problem. It would then be up to John if he wants to sit on the sidelines all season.

Just tell him he can go next season, and no sooner.

All true mate.

I've heard someone was working in stones house yesterday morning and he said he doesn't want to leave. Maybe the transfer request is billocks or maybe Everton have forced it ??

Status
Not open for further replies.