Big Dunc testimonial - EFC vs Villareal at Goodison, Sun Aug 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all the years I've been following Everton I've always been upbeat about the new season. Somehow I managed to convince myself that things would improve, good players would step up to the plate and we would do well.
This year I'm struggling.
Can't see enough positives to believe this season will be any different from last.
If we buy a GK, a centre half, a creative midfielder and a centre forward all would be different.

Missed the game, how was it
Looked really good for like the first 30 minutes but lacked the killer finish becasue we had Kone up front, then Naismith came on for Kev and then i wanted to kill myself. That feeling continued til around rooney come on then we started to pick back up again, and the final 10 minutes was boss seeing Dunc and rooney together upfront

Moral of the story Koff Kone, Koff Naismith

No use looking to them. It's not like we got £35M in spending money this summer. All the other clubs did but Everton didn't.

I reckon our board, and Mr Elstone in particular, should get in touch with the telly people and tell them we should get that £35M too. It's not fair.
You never know. The board may have earmarked it for the new stadium and if so then I hate to say it but I agree with them.

That doesn't mean it wouldn't however make sense to sell someone to free up the funds to strengthen in those positions listed. But maybe we have the funds to bring in the players without making that kind of sacrifice and it's just a matter of waiting till our targets become available.

Martinez's words have given me a little hope but basically the reality is we don't know enough insider information to put the blame on to any one person or group.

Not really, but McGeady, Alacaraz, Robles, Barry, want to add them to your list?
Yeah they can be added to the list which shows he's done average in the transfer market with basically equal good and bad signings. Barry was ace on his loan as well although his shoe got to go last year. He's had good and bad signings but all those players listed cost 2m or less besides kone who tore his knee apart after signing. His significant cash deals have mostly worked out

Yeah they can be added to the list which shows he's done average in the transfer market with basically equal good and bad signings. Barry was ace on his loan as well although his shoe got to go last year. He's had good and bad signings but all those players listed cost 2m or less besides kone who tore his knee apart after signing. His significant cash deals have mostly worked out

Not to worry, our Ex had similar ups and downs, as do a lot of other managers.

I was destroyed! You can talk about the money and what we did/didn't do with it, but the day we flogged Rooney was the day I knew we were finished.
Yea it's probably the same feeling the RS fans are feeling now when selling Sterling.

Selling one of your youngsters that you don't want to at that age is a sign you are one of the feeder clubs.

Not to worry, our Ex had similar ups and downs, as do a lot of other managers.
Exactly which is why I took issue with your 3 Kones post. He's had some good and some bad but at least the bad weren't crippling financial. Just have to wait and see who comes in this window but at least we know there will be ins

Shows how poor we are up front with Kone as the second striker. People talk that we need a GK, CB, playmaker, Yep but how about a striker as well!
Unfortunately with the exception of GK those other 3 positions are what I said we needed last summer and we didn't get them then but Martinez has given me a bit of hope with what he said.

I just don't know who at this point. Praet and Shaqiri seem to be the only two we've been linked with. Shaqiri doesn't seem to fancy the premiership and we screwed Anderlecht over Henen which I feared also at the time might come back to bite us on the bum.

Status
Not open for further replies.