Hearts v Everton : Pre Season : 26.7.2015 : KO 1500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha Kone the big joker, every time he starts I keep thinking this is it, this is the game we finally see his talent...well i've given up thinking that now.

The more frightening prospect for me though is he is all we have, god forbid Lukaku should get an injury that keeps him out for a bit because we simply won't score.

*Awaits Kone hat trick today*

Hope Mcaleny gets another chance to make an impact. Seems harsh for him to have done so well only to be dropped.

13 apparently according to the echo

From the echo in march:

The Blues have suffered a curious spate of the same injury this term, with Romelu Lukaku incredibly becoming the 13th first-team player to be put out of action.

Since Roberto Martinez arrived 18 months ago the Toffees have endured an alarming 22 hamstring injuries to those 13 players; the most serious being the one which caused influential midfielder James McCarthy to miss a glut of important fixtures.

Unacceptable really.

This might seem harsh, but it's time to call time on Steven Pienaar.
His first stint with us was great till he thought he was bigger than Everton and jumped ship to Spurs where he did little but shine the pine.

He came back to where he knew he would get far more game time, fitness permitting, and his second stint has been at best average and massively disrupted by persistent injuries.
Sorry Stevie P, but the sands of time have run out on you.

Enjoyed watching you at your best, but don't see the point in persisting... and you can lump Kone and Gibson into this bracket too.
Three players who rarely feature, rarely contribute and who eat up a stupid amount of wages that could be better spent on new, younger, fitter, hungrier blood for the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.