Everton Youth Teams Thread

Generally Martinez is happier to rotate his squad more than Moyes. I suspect that Browning will get some game time at right back, and Galloway will get some game time at left back. Pennington is a real bonus as I don't think we expected him to get this far. He will look to loan one of them out. Possibly Jagielka will be fazed out over the next 2-3 years as might Baines.

Do you think Galloway is further up the pecking order than Garbutt? I always thought Garbutt was frozen out of the last few games due mainly to his contract situation than his ability. With Oviedo also seemingly available at left back, that's a really competitive area.

I've always rated Williams a better player than Ledson. He certainly has much more going forward. Ledson reminds me too much of a John Ebbrell type -- solid but unexciting.
Ledson has got me yelling and off my feet quite a few times, his first penalty during the England U 17 euro win for example and this one, admittedly an accident ;)

england U18s vs Poland superb free kick goal by Ledson.
http://gfycat.com/ResponsibleKindheartedDodobird#

I think it was on the official site that Williams and Robinson went to Singapore but I don't think they were in the team photo taken when they arrived. Does anyone know if they def went or are in Ireland with u21s?

I think it was on the official site that Williams and Robinson went to Singapore but I don't think they were in the team photo taken when they arrived. Does anyone know if they def went or are in Ireland with u21s?

I think they went (at least they said they were going on twitter) but they weren't in the named squad. So Ledson and Kenny could actually play (although it's unlikely) whereas Robinson and Williams are just there for the experience.

Williams and Robinson not in U21 squad in Ireland, neither of course are Ledson and Kenny . I seem to recall that Pennington was injured at the back end of the season so I'm presuming he's still out, but what's happened to Chris Long is there still an issue about him being out if contract?

Still no signs of Chris Longs contract. This is a kid thats from liverpool, he is a supporter and has been at the club since the age of five.

I will fume hard if the club won't sort his contract.

Interesting that Ledson, Kenny & now Robinson & Williams all going ahead of Henen?

Still no signs of Chris Longs contract. This is a kid thats from liverpool, he is a supporter and has been at the club since the age of five.

I will fume hard if the club won't sort his contract.
We've offered him a contract. Down to him to sign it.

The Ledson/Williams comparison is interesting in that we seem to have four similar box to box, tackling , good distribution type players at this level if you add Liam Walsh and Tom Davies. All play MF/DFM so maybe 2 making it to first team level would be an excellent return. Kieran Dowell stands out as a different player from these four , with more attacking intent and ability to score goals.

Pennington -20
Henen/Long/Jones -19
Kenny - 18
Ledson/Walsh/Dowell/Robinson -18 this season

McAleny and Junior are about 23...

Do we see any of them getting time this season, and if so to what extent and potential?

Pennington -20
Henen/Long/Jones -19
Kenny - 18

Do we see any of them getting time this season, and if so to what extent and potential?

They'd have to give Long a squad number first, think he has left

Pennington -20
Henen/Long/Jones -19
Kenny - 18

Loans for most of them id think