Everton Youth Teams Thread

Bit harsh on Browning that isn't it :p Browning has Distin like athleticism from what I've seen of him.

Pennington, who just signed a 3 year deal, also plays at RB but he seems earmarked for CB.
browning is absolutely nothing like hibbert, only thing similar is their ability to make a good tackle.

Person who said that clearly hasn't watched much of him.

browning is absolutely nothing like hibbert, only thing similar is their ability to make a good tackle.

Person who said that clearly hasn't watched much of him.

It was a tongue in cheek comment but their ability on the ball is similar which is why browning will never be a top quality right back.

Anyone know whats going on with Long? He's not with the u21s and it seems that he's not with the seniors. His contract has run out and there is no word from the club about him. There was this story in the echo a week ago that he "would" sign but nothing after that. Really hope the club has not screwed up here, kid has got potential.

Also don't understand why the club let the contracts of long, pennington and the rest of them to run out before renewing, seems rather foolish.

Kenny closer to Coleman as right back, browning closer to hibbert:oops:lol
That's way to harsh on Browning, they're nothing a like. Browning hasn't looked anything spectacular when playing as a right back, but that's because it's not his natural position, it's just easier for the player and not as risky for the team to have youngsters playing their early minutes as fullbacks, we did it with Stones and now we're doing it at left back with Galloway.

Brownings strengths are his physical attributes and his tackling. As Martinez and others have said he's the best one v one defender at the club. It's the positioning, smarts and ability in the air are still quite unproven for me. I honestly do have faith in him making it, he may not even be a first choice player but I really think he's got the tool set, mental toughness and desire to make it as an Everton player.

I don't get how we can keep mcaleny and let chris long go away
We offered him a contract mate, I don't know what on earth he's doing.

....I appreciate the question wasn't directed to me but 'satellite' in this context will usually be training a couple of nights per week at a local venue paid for by Everton. The kids will be schoolboys and the very best might start making appearances at Finch Farm or representing the club in matches at various ages of a weekend.
Eggs, thanks for your response, it's appreciated.