Everton Youth Teams Thread

If we've offered a contract then if he leaves we would get compensation or it would go to a tribunal so it wouldn't make sense for him to leave unless going to another side directly...as then he keeps getting paid by us anyway.

Different to Green etc who weren't offered contracts.

They'd have to give Long a squad number first, think he has left

If we've offered a contract then if he leaves we would get compensation or it would go to a tribunal so it wouldn't make sense for him to leave unless going to another side directly...as then he keeps getting paid by us anyway.

Different to Green etc who weren't offered contracts.

No news on a contract at all and no squad number and another fan site with sources this forum used to rely on saying he has left, it doesn't look like he will be here tbh.

Good spot that, very odd as im sure I read on here he'd been offered a contract.

No news on a contract at all and no squad number and another fan site with sources this forum used to rely on saying he has left, it doesn't look like he will be here tbh.

Everton Official Site said:
Everton can confirm that Antolin Alcaraz and Sylvain Distin will leave the Club when their current contracts expire at the end of this month.

Christian Atsu, Aaron Lennon and Under-21 player David Henen have returned to their parent clubs following their respective loans from Chelsea, Tottenham and Olympiacos – with Ghanaian international Atsu having agreed to join Premier League newcomers Bournemouth on loan for the 2015/16 season.

A new contract has been offered to Luke Garbutt.

The Premier League announced the retained and released players’ lists for all 20 clubs today.

In the Under-21s squad, Courtney Duffus, Conor Grant, Gethin Jones,Chris Long and Matthew Pennington have been made new contract offers.

George Green, Curtis Langton, John Lundstram and Ben McLaughlin have been released.

From the Blues’ Under-18s squad, James Graham, Mateusz Hewelt,Antonee Robinson and Jordan Thorniley have been offered professional contracts.

Arlen Birch, Charley Edge and George Newell have not been offered contracts.

Chris Long said:
"I'm fighting for a contract because my deal is up at the end of the year. I've been at Everton since I was five, so hopefully I can cement a place up front there one day,"

"I have to work hard to prove myself while I am down here. I've been dying to get out and play all season, so hopefully I can take my chance. I've scored a lot of goals at academy level but I want to test myself in the Championship."

Surprised if he isn't resigning tbh.

Surprised if he isn't resigning tbh.

Well, I would agree if it wasn't for the fact that the u21s are 3 weeks into preseason and the first team is 2 weeks into preseason. I just don't understand what could be holding a deal up for so long if he were to stay.

The Ledson/Williams comparison is interesting in that we seem to have four similar box to box, tackling , good distribution type players at this level if you add Liam Walsh and Tom Davies. All play MF/DFM so maybe 2 making it to first team level would be an excellent return. Kieran Dowell stands out as a different player from these four , with more attacking intent and ability to score goals.

They are all a bit different. Of the group you mention above, Walsh is probably the most different of the 4. He lacks the physicality of the other 3 lads, but is a very clever player with excellent technique.

If I were to put my head on the block I'd say Ledson and Walsh will make it to the first team. Williams will have a career as a pro but not at Everton and Davies he is still a bit too young to say, he is someone in between.
Bear in mind though that Liverpool have Arnolt-Smith who they herald as the new Slippy G, but when fit Davies kept him out of the England under 17's team.

Well, I would agree if it wasn't for the fact that the u21s are 3 weeks into preseason and the first team is 2 weeks into preseason. I just don't understand what could be holding a deal up for so long if he were to stay.

He may be injured. Or alternatively he may have been given permission to talk to other clubs and see what other offers are out there. If we have offered him a contract we can get compensation.

If he was speaking to clubs about a season long loan would he still be given a squad number?

He may be injured. Or alternatively he may have been given permission to talk to other clubs and see what other offers are out there. If we have offered him a contract we can get compensation.

Been offered a contract, but got better terms/longer deal elsewhere. Looking for more game time. Not to say things won't change, but I was told "He's walked away"

Also that Bill is looking for £3m in compo....

Any idea who he's talking to + I imagine they need to put in an offer then if we reject it the tribunal gets involved.

£3mil seems very steep but not when Garbutt was £1mil at a much younger age.

Been offered a contract, but got better terms/longer deal elsewhere. Looking for more game time. Not to say things won't change, but I was told "He's walked away"

Also that Bill is looking for £3m in compo....