Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And they'll still struggle to get into the top 4 next year.

Nah they're being much smarter in the transfer market this season and LVG has a tendency to do much better after his first season, got a feeling they'll be a good bet for the title this season especially if they either keep DDG or replace him with someone top like Lloris

RM: "We're trying to build on what we've done in the last four windows. There's a couple of areas we need to strengthen." #BAT2015

Wonder which positions he is still considering. 10 and defender?

I agree that we are financially hamstrung. The burst in TV money has been absorbed by increased player/staff wages and reversing losses from previous years. Revenue growth from 'traditional' sources is pretty static and I cannot see this changing without a decade of stellar performances (lifting global profile, merchandising etc). But such concerted, consistent stellar performance is unlikely without money. It's the old vicious circle/catch 22 situation. FFP has altered the impact of a sugar daddy new owner, although obviously if one was to stump up with investment to improve commercial revenue then that would catalyse breaking the catch 22 situation referred to earlier. Personally, I think the likelihood of some white knight riding in is so remote as to be discounted totally.
In short, we are a mature business and thus very vulnerable to the SKY money spigots being turned down. Fortunately, for the next 4 years at least, this won't happen. But that money is available to all PL clubs, so doesn't provide a competitive advantage.
In short, the present status quo won't be changing for the foreseeable future and in fact, looking beyond 4 years, without prudent financial management, Everton (and many other PL clubs) could be quite vulnerable.

Can you translate that into english mate?

We must think differently to martinez though, He seems to have a similar wishlist to Moyes if you think about it. Has to have a great engine and Must not upset the other boys in the changing room....."GROUP HUG". Baffles me at times that. Surely in every walk of life you have to have a knob head, A bellend, A liar, A boaster, The Bully, The toff and a wiff. We have a team of cleancut yes men. We need some nasties in there. Make em Terrified to loose a match in case they get rolled up wet towelled.

Someone like that samuel eto'o chap. He'd fit the bill

Status
Not open for further replies.