Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could do a lot better mate.
He is better than alcaraz an distin but thats his only plus point for me.
If stones or jags was out long term and he signed we would be in trouble.
We would be in trouble ? Christ he isn't that bad. Johnny Evans is a premier league defender and if not at Utd, he will be at another premier league club. He's not a bad back up to have at all. You're making it seem that neither Jagielka or Stones make no mistakes.... Don't kid yourself, they make plenty. The problem i would have with Evans is the price. If we brought Evans in for 5m, i would be happy with that. An experienced premier league and international defender for that price can't be sniffed at in todays market. Only a few weeks ago we were being linked with Scott Dann and figures of around 15m. We've got to be sensible and realistic here.

People genuinely think Evans is awful? There's a reason why he plays for United and for a while was a regular. If we got him for 3/4 it'd be a great buy and make our squad much stronger than last year.

Too many people buy into the twitter witch hunt against every United player who isn't a world beater.

People genuinely think Evans is awful? There's a reason why he plays for United and for a while was a regular. If we got him for 3/4 it'd be a great buy and make our squad much stronger than last year.

Too many people buy into the twitter witch hunt against every United player who isn't a world beater.

We all love a witch hunt against jarg links to jarg players

Just looked at Evans performance record over the past few years. He does seem to have at least one or two injuries a season, but when he hasn't been injured, he has been selected for Manchester United.

I'm more worried about his injuries

More worried about Jags or Stones injuries and him being fit!

He's not that bad. I personally think he's better than Phil Jones and Smalling. LvG obv doesn't fancy him, so if the price is in the same vein as Deulofeu it makes perfect sense. I see Stones, Jagz and him rotating regularly next season especially as Stones is still learning his trade (IMHO) and may need a break both for physical and mental reasons at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.