20 years...

Status
Not open for further replies.
moyes actually did alright in some of the competitions just was unlucky with the opposition he got

chelsea in the final's and semi's

heck we beat man utd at wembley in the semi's of the fa cup

he did well

martinez would bend over and let swansea smash us 3-0.

Moyes record in the cups was shocking...Shrewsbury, Dinamo Bucharest etc. Man U (with half a reserve side) were there for the taking but Moyes and his typical cautious approach meant scraping past them on pens. In eleven years you can count the number of serious cup runs on two fingers.

Moyes record in the cups was shocking...Shrewsbury, Dinamo Bucharest etc. Man U (with half a reserve side) were there for the taking but Moyes and his typical cautious approach meant scraping past them on pens. In eleven years you can count the number of serious cup runs on two fingers.
remind me of our lineup v shrewsbury and our line up v west ham at home this year in the fa cup

We won't win anything while Tim Howard is our goalkeeper.

And a load of other reasons.

Look, the only way we'll win something is if we have some luck

Some sides, Chelsea's, Man City's, Arsenal's, United's etc, get to finals and win trophies because they have overall strong sides. Most of the time, they'll hoover up the trophies

Sometimes a Swansea, Wigan or Birmingham will win a trophy, but to do that they'll need a good draw or an amazing result or two

Sadly, we're in the latter category due to our financial situation (And yes our current owners shoulder a large part of the blame for that)

Henceforth, though the fact we haven't won a cup is desperately depressing, it does make sense

Things will stay this way until we get the new stadium and attract a new owner whose willing and able to put enough money into the club to put us in the former category. Who knows how long that will take though?

If this current new stadium plan falls to pieces, I worry for us, I really do

Some sides, Chelsea's, Man City's, Arsenal's, United's etc, get to finals and win trophies because they have overall strong sides. Most of the time, they'll hoover up the trophies

Sometimes a Swansea, Wigan or Birmingham will win a trophy, but to do that they'll need a good draw or an amazing result or two

Sadly, we're in the latter category due to our financial situation (And yes our current owners shoulder a large part of the blame for that)

Henceforth, though the fact we haven't won a cup is desperately depressing, it does make sense

Things will stay this way until we get the new stadium and attract a new owner whose willing and able to put enough money into the club to put us in the former category. Who knows how long that will take though?

Not a great believer in luck mate.

We've had incredibly easy cup draws though.

Cheltenham, Bolton, Oldham, Wigan and Millwall comes to mind. Still wasn't easy enough for us.

Or the year before where we got something like 10 home draws in a row.

We've had incredibly easy cup draws though.

Cheltenham, Bolton, Oldham, Wigan and Millwall comes to mind. Still wasn't easy enough for us.

Or the year before where we got something like 10 home draws in a row.

We got a home draw in 2013 and played a Wigan side who pulled out an amazing performance from seemingly no where

That was the year they won it remember

Status
Not open for further replies.