20 years...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyboy

Player Valuation: £60m
For a club of our standing it's a LONG time without a trophy now. Anyone belonging to my generation would do well to remember us lifting any silverware, the worst part is that you'd have to be an optimist to see that changing any time soon.

I feel like a huge problem is the mentality of the players. Far too many have bought into this idea of mediocrity at our club. You look at the lack of real talent in that '95 cup winning squad but there was probably still a belief that Everton was a club that should be challenging for and winning honours regardless. For me that's gone now and I don't envy Martinez's in trying to bring it back.

Hopefully next season we take the League Cup seriously as that has to be our best chance. I thought it was criminal this year when that competition was basically wrote off before a ball was kicked. It'll be disputed by many but I'd rather see us lift that trophy than finish 4th.

Has killed all expectations..won't win anything with him here...

No. Not Roberto.

images

I feel like his lack of ability to back Moyes during the 07-12 years was absolutely criminal. We were probably a couple of game changing players from really doing something back then. Feels like the gap has widened considerably since.
Game over until he and the "Board" are gone.
Not a personal attack, just a professional realisation.

Never got why we don't go all out for the league cup to be honest. Great chance of silverware, and generally the better teams put their reserves out. Yet somehow we barely get past the 3rd round.

It really is bizarre given how much of a buzz every Evertonian would get from us lifting any trophy.

We took this Europa League so seriously when it was always a ridiculous ask for us to even get close to winning it. League Cup would've been half the games and less travel time.

It really is bizarre given how much of a buzz every Evertonian would get from us lifting any trophy.

We took this Europa League so seriously when it was always a ridiculous ask for us to even get close to winning it. League Cup would've been half the games and less travel time.
Very very weird. Not as bothered this year given the fairly tough draw in Swansea away, but even then we played a weakened team. But in other years we've lost to very inferior teams when it's been there for the taking.

I feel like his lack of ability to back Moyes during the 07-12 years was absolutely criminal. We were probably a couple of game changing players from really doing something back then. Feels like the gap has widened considerably since.

Spot on I agree. Its sad aswell as with the new prem deal... we are going to have a lot more financial clout and yet its the Catalan clown with the keys to the warchest :confused: (Assuming of course the Catalan Clown does not relegate us)

Status
Not open for further replies.