VFL Wolfsburg Vs. Everton FC - Europa League Grp H - Thursday 27th Nov - 18:00KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top 8 group winners go into pot 1 with 8 3rd place UCL clubs for round of 32 draw.

Are we in that or do we need to beat Krasnodar?

Think people are being way too harsh on Wolfsburg. I cant believe they haven't got at least 2 or 3 there tonight.

We basically rode our luck and countered them brilliantly. On another night that could have been 4-2 for them.

Made for a cracking game though

I agree they could have had a couple of goals, but still felt we were the better side.......
We were more clinical. We did need about 10 behind the ball for much of that match though.

No question for me that over the two games we played them they were the better footballing team.

Hibbert started very poorly, I thought he played well as the game went on, Fair play

Wolfsburg could do with shooting from distance a bit more

Wolfsburg are no mugs and quite how they failed to score more than one goal across both matches is beyond me.

That Perisic had plenty to say for himself just before the re-start with Eto'o and Lukaku. Don't think he gets on quite as well with Eto'o as Lukaku.

We were more clinical. We did need about 10 behind the ball for much of that match though.

No question for me that over the two games we played them they were the better footballing team.

Harsh, they were a good side but the lads played some lovely football in both legs. Tonights match had two far better teams than the crap we watched in the CL last night.....

Wolfsburg are no mugs and quite how they failed to score more than one goal across both matches is beyond me.

That Perisic had plenty to say for himself just before the re-start with Eto'o and Lukaku. Don't think he gets on quite as well with Eto'o as Lukaku.

...I was wondering if RM had mentioned to his superstars to be friendly with him. It happens.

Thought eto'o was saying to him you should join us in the jan transfer window, you and Kevin Miralles will rip teams apart in the premier league;)

Harsh, they were a good side but the lads played some lovely football in both legs. Tonights match had two far better teams than the crap we watched in the CL last night.....
I said they were better, not that we were outclassed or anything.

They just were the better, more fluid team - to my mind anyway. They were the probing and dominant force in most of the two games.

My own ratings tonight for all they are worth:Howard-8,Hibbert -7,Garbutt-7,Distin-8,Jagielka-8,Besic-7,McCarthy-7(Osman-8),McGeady-6,Eto'o-7,Lukaku-9,Mirallas-8(Barkley-7,Atsu-7)

Top 8 group winners go into pot 1 with 8 3rd place UCL clubs for round of 32 draw.

Are we in that or do we need to beat Krasnodar?

Nope. We are group winners mate. Top seeds, so cant play the better CL sides, nor anyone from England.

After that round, its gloves off, and a free draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.