Everton V Man Utd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought nev was really good ... he is the first person we all jump on when things arnt going our way but today he was great ... was great to see him get up from the ronaldo tackle and give rio a mouth full

Right well heres my match analysis:

So, 1 point, good result, as normally when United score they rip you apart. 1 point is especially good when you consider United had a very strong if not their strongest side out on pitch, and we were without Cahill. So match ratings for me:

Howard - 8 - Some great saves, and finally catching the ball.

Neville - 7 - Great tackle on Ronaldo - even better reaction - if it wasnt for him the fans wouldnt have got behind the team! - also great captain too - he talked to lescott after we conceded as it was his fault.

Jagielka - 7 - Good tackles against ronaldo 1 on 1, good heading, good defending, and made one good run attacking too

Yobo - 7 - Same as Jagielka really, some nervy moments, but overall good defending

Lescott - 5 - I thought he was at fault for the goal conceded, i also thought his marking of nani/ronaldo etc..was very poor, and he was drawn into the center too easily. However he was ok attacking.

Arteta - 6 - SHouldve gotten a freekick in a dangerous area - delivery improved - but still missing something.

Pienaar - 7 - The key of the midfield really, played well under pressure, defended well, and made some good passes.

Osman - 6 - Got lost abit and made some bad passes in the first half, but ran around after the ball alot

Fellaini - 7 - Good goal, good heading too, some good passes, but he was absolutely shattered in the last 10 minutes!! Still not sure about his awareness of players around him though...

Yakubu - 6 - Well...when a striker is one on one with a defender, you fancy him to take him on, yakubu didnt - which imo showed a lack of confidence. However he chased the ball alot, had a good chance on goal too.

Saha - 6 - Ran around alot and won headers - but to no avail

Moyes - Great going 4-4-2 at home - something i would never expect moyes to do. Godo tactics at teh start, however that one annyoing fact again - substitutions! - Yakubu and Saha in the last 10 minutes looked shatered, utds defence looked shaky too, so why didnt moyes bring Vaughan and Anichebe on sooner? IT wouldnt have affected the team much, as your replacing strikers, and it wouldve given us a better chance to win the game.

Ref - Well...he was annoying, he payed special attention to Ronaldo, and was overall biased. I wouldnt really know, but from where i was sitting i wouldve said a yellow was reasonable for vidic but it couldve been a red. Rooney - well should you get booked for putting a finger up to the fans?

Great match, happy with the point, and our second half performance was probably one of the best since febuary. :)

MoM for me - Neville - with Fellaini. Howard, Pienaar and Jagielka all close.

Last edited:
Nice summary and good points made.For me you highlight that Lescott is not a FB which I have said for ages. I remain unconvinced that Osman is good enough fro EFC and Arteta still to find that bit of spark. Up front what you expect I suppose but with passes going astray or intercepted not much made in the way of chances.

Good to see Moyes comes out with a 442 this time which again I said earlier he needs to have some spirit in his team selections however this was tempered yet again by the substitutions. Can Moyes not read a game and see how players are doing, why leave subbing to so late in the game, a definite weakness on his part.

Come final whistle good to get a point but for me a win may have just been possible to snatch if our players had that littlemore belief.

When the matches are this early, I usually record them on DVR and then watch when I wake up. Just finished watching and then I come in here to read the entire thread. Kinda fun.

A few observations:
  1. In the first half, many of us forgot who we were playing. ManU is easily one of the top teams in England as well as Europe. It was only natural that they'd dominate the first minutes of the match.
  2. Arteta looks like he's getting back to form.
  3. Yakubu seemed to "work" harder than he normally does.
  4. Big big credit to Moyes for starting with a 4-4-2. He must read GOT after all !!! ;)
  5. Other than the goal, the defense played pretty darn good considering who we were up against.
  6. Lescott still looks out of form. His defending was ok but his distribution today was off. Come on Jo, where's the player we saw last year?
  7. Fellaini, getting better and better as he acclimates to the pace, his teammates, and his surroundings.
  8. Neville's best match in a long time (and coincidentally, my MoM)
I'd like to say that I'm extremely proud of the way the team put in the performance they did today but I just don't think that would do it justice.

Overall, I thought that they were fantastic. Onwards and upwards from here.

I would like to use this forum to say sorry to the lovely old man who sat next to me all game today. I spent the entire 90minutes abusing every single UTD player who came close to me and also the joke of a Referee.

I would like to use this forum to say sorry to the lovely old man who sat next to me all game today. I spent the entire 90minutes abusing every single UTD player who came close to me and also the joke of a Referee.

Haha, i sit next to some old woman, so i feel really sly swearing. But when Rooney went off she stood up and started shouting abuse :lol::lol::lol:

Untitled-2-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.