Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
None of those reasons suggest he would or could not succeed at Everton, with better players, as many posters have said. Everything you say about Martinez may well be true, but he has a lot of creit given to him by many people in football, and the records of all of the speculated potential managers contain blips and failures that could be classed as negatives. It usually boils down to whether a manager 'fits' a club or not. What is the average reign of a Prem manager? I think Brenda is the second or third longest serving, and he's done very little time ! Theres a good chance that whoever we employ, Periera or anybody, will not be a success, just as theres a good chance that our previous manager will not cut it at United. Some of the usual management suspects in this counytry, O'Neill, Hughes, etc, fail continually. And if our new manager is a failure, even if initially he has the support of many Evertonians, who will be blamed ? You're allowed on guess.....

Ok, I do agree what you said but personally Martinez is a bigger gamble. I hate his tactics especially 3 at the back even though he knew his defence was sh1te.

we couldn't even get back into the game, The Wigan game was our biggest game left, our chance of Europe and as soon as we seen Nevile in the line up, we knew Moyes was being negative again.

Yeah I agree. Biggest game of the season and we let ourselves down.

I was playing a bit of Devils advocate there. He did get them up yes, but he couldn't get them to the premiership and left. I remember him going to Wigan, and saying he'd taken Swansea as far as he thought he could take them. I appreciate you have a different opinion to him than i do, but I just don't rate him.
I just recken Martinez should be judge on the resources he had at the Club, doesn't matter if he left, he still laid the foundations at Swansea. He had less money then Moyes, he not my first choice either but he better then an internal appointment and he also only young and apt of experience.

I voted Laudrup on day one and have since switched to VP. I think a new poll would be interesting but we aren't allowed.

Absolutely odds-wise the most likely outcome of this manager hunt is that the manager will fail and be fired. To me that's just a fact that goes without saying and lives in the back of our minds which we try to stamp out with wild fantasies of shirtless horse back arrivals and Champions League dreams.

Why not? Clearly a two horse race.

I just recken Martinez should be judge on the resources he had at the Club, doesn't matter if he left, he still laid the foundations at Swansea. He had less money then Moyes, he not my first choice either but he better then an internal appointment and he also only young and apt of experience.

He really hasn't had less money than moyes

Status
Not open for further replies.