New FFP Rules/Salary Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I read about it, the more I think like it sounds like a really good idea. The clubs who voted AGAINST these rule changes were your RS, Man U, Arsenal, Spurs.

I'd love to know how the salary increase cap works? I could see how it would work if a player stayed at the same club forever, but what happens when a player reaches the end of their contract? The starting salary of a new contract is unlikely to be capped, surely?

The more I read about it, the more I think like it sounds like a really good idea. The clubs who voted AGAINST these rule changes were your RS, Man U, Arsenal, Spurs.

I'd love to know how the salary increase cap works? I could see how it would work if a player stayed at the same club forever, but what happens when a player reaches the end of their contract? The starting salary of a new contract is unlikely to be capped, surely?

Nobody voted against.

All 20 Clubs voted yes.

I think the salary thing is linked to how much of the new tv money that can be put towards increasing wage bills.

Clubs could use other money to raise wages, but that might make them more likely to make a loss.

The Premier League rules agreed today are based around a maximum loss of £105 Million over 3 years, and linking wages to a proportion of TV income amongst some other bits.

If these rules had started 3 years ago, 3 clubs would fail the maximum loss, City, Chelsea and the R's.

A new owner coming in would be able to pump a certain amount of money into the team, as long as they weren't losing more than that £105 million over the next 3 years.

Punishment for breaches will range from warnings and financial penalties to point deductions.

Further reading:

http://mondialblog.tumblr.com/post/42514939301/financial-doping-is-dead-long-live-35m-losses
This kinda makes me think that the kings dock episode could grow from terrible decision to a nail in the coffin.

This kinda makes me think that the kings dock episode could grow from terrible decision to a nail in the coffin.

West Ham Chairman David Gold has been buzzing his little tits off about it on SSN and Twitter, anyone would think they're about to get a free stadium..

As a side note, I don't think money put in to improve infrastructure (ground, academy, training ground) is covered by the rules. (This is true of the UEFA FFP rules anyway)

Every time I see that bastarding Echo Arena with it's teasing blue lights it breaks my heart just a little more.
The problem is, as i understand it, clubs that want to operate outside of the tv money would be drawing upon their own resources. Teams around us all have excellent facilities which will generate a large amount of income, as well as bigger, richer fanbases than us. Their turnover would be much larger and they'd be less reliant than us on the tv money.

It makes it more important than ever to get rid of the current part time board and management and get some people in with a clue about how to capitalise in being one of the largest teams in the world's most viewed league.

Everton are a HUGE brand, exposed on TV to millions around the globe every week. Yet we employ people with zero experience in promoting brands and end up with terrible commercial deals.

It makes it more important than ever to get rid of the current part time board and management and get some people in with a clue about how to capitalise in being one of the largest teams in the world's most viewed league.

Everton are a HUGE brand, exposed on TV to millions around the globe every week. Yet we employ people with zero experience in promoting brands and end up with terrible commercial deals.

clap clap clap

Won't pretend to have looked into the FFP but any attempt to rescue the game from the passionless money league of the last decade deserves support.

Doubtless it'll be sht on a stick to start off with but got to start somewhere, hopefully Chelsea, Utd types will have their hands forced - either play the game or fck off with the other tits in the disastrous venture the euro super league - see how long that lasts without genuine passion.

Won't pretend to have looked into the FFP but any attempt to rescue the game from the passionless money league of the last decade deserves support.

Doubtless it'll be sht on a stick to start off with but got to start somewhere, hopefully Chelsea, Utd types will have their hands forced - either play the game or fck off with the other tits in the disastrous venture the euro super league - see how long that lasts without genuine passion.

Well that happens = no TV deal which = no Everton FC

The problem is, as i understand it, clubs that want to operate outside of the tv money would be drawing upon their own resources. Teams around us all have excellent facilities which will generate a large amount of income, as well as bigger, richer fanbases than us. Their turnover would be much larger and they'd be less reliant than us on the tv money.

I'd like to know how reliant we are on the TV deals now for wages. What from the current squad would we need to lose to comply?

Whatever way its interpreted, it'll make out lives even harder (at best) and at worst....

Status
Not open for further replies.