New FFP Rules/Salary Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
A salary cap set as a proportion of an individual clubs turnover will never work.

A salary cap set at a common level for all clubs in a division (or better yet top divisions across Europe) would, provided it was properly enforced.

Pretty sure it wont.

I dont think the full details have come out yet tho.

But if City and Chelsea voted yes, it cant be worth jack.

A salary cap set as a proportion of an individual clubs turnover will never work.

I don't know the details of what they've voted for but if it's related to percentage of wages to turnover Then it could have a massive effect on us, Aren't we paying 75% ?

I don't k ow the details of what they've voted for but if it's related to percentage of wages to turnover Then it could have a massive effect on us, Aren't we paying 75% ?

Think its higher than that now.

I recall SunTanBob saying 75% was the "safe" point, but I thought we surpassed that figure in the latest accounts.

I could be wrong tho.

we would be knackered if the wage cap is releated to turnover we would be fecked bye bye to our best players better get looking for an invest in africa sponsership Kenwright you redcoat.

I haven't read a lot on this, but I'm seeing 'salary increase cap' being reported, which sounds a bit different to a salary cap?

Supported by the likes of arsenal and united. I recall something about only being able to spend a percentage of turnover on transfers and salary etc. Essentially reinforces and widens the divide between the rich and poor clubs.

Supported by the likes of arsenal and united. I recall something about only being able to spend a percentage of turnover on transfers and salary etc. Essentially reinforces and widens the divide between the rich and poor clubs.

exactly mate the arrival of man city and PSG have put ****s up the aristocrat G14 clubs and platini who want the usual Utd's arsenal's, liverpool's madrids to dominate as they have the biggest fan base, I guarantee this is too appease fanbase's of these clubs as I highly doubt alot of Arsenal's liverpool's etc. hanger on fanbase abroad bother paying silly money for merchandise when they are not in CL/winning trophies regulary.

exactly mate the arrival of man city and PSG have put ****s up the aristocrat G14 clubs and platini who want the usual Utd's arsenal's, liverpool's madrids to dominate as they have the biggest fan base, I guarantee this is too appease fanbase's of these clubs as I highly doubt alot of Arsenal's liverpool's etc. hanger on fanbase abroad bother paying silly money for merchandise when they are not in CL/winning trophies regulary.

the perverse thing about this is how sheepish the non-g14 clubs have been, especially in places like Spain

the perverse thing about this is how sheepish the non-g14 clubs have been, especially in places like Spain

its disgraceful mate I can see alot of fans not bothering anymore in the next decade or so if this thing gets the go ahead its a blatent glass ceiling above the top 4 guarantee it will be Utd, city, chelsea and Arsenal/Liverpool year after year the likes of us, spurs, newcastle etc. will never get a sniff.

The Premier League rules agreed today are based around a maximum loss of £105 Million over 3 years, and linking wages to a proportion of TV income amongst some other bits.

If these rules had started 3 years ago, 3 clubs would fail the maximum loss, City, Chelsea and the R's.

A new owner coming in would be able to pump a certain amount of money into the team, as long as they weren't losing more than that £105 million over the next 3 years.

Punishment for breaches will range from warnings and financial penalties to point deductions.

Further reading:

http://mondialblog.tumblr.com/post/42514939301/financial-doping-is-dead-long-live-35m-losses

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.