Matthew Kennedy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not bitching, its just being honest, it is a little undewhelming, im all for signing youth for cheap, but does it need to be glamourised? Not really. If we see him it wont be for another 3/4 years

You are probably spot on that we wont see him for another 3 years or so, but, maybe, he may turn out to be a James McClean style player who just slots in easily.
Good move by the club, hope he turns out to be an exciting player.

efc__1346447441_james.jpg

Everton have signed promising youngster Matthew Kennedy from Kilmarnock for a nominal fee.

The 17-year-old winger has penned a three-year deal and will join up with Alan Stubbs’ Under-21 Reserve squad.

The Scotland youth international has impressed in the SPL since making his bow as a 16-year-old.

That debut came against Hibernian in November 2011 after he had forced his way into the first-team picture with an impressive pre-season.

Kennedy, chiefly a wide player, has been used as an emergency frontman in Kille’s opening games of the 2012/13 campaign after injuries to the club’s regular strikers.

In all he has made 14 appearances for the Rugby Park outfit while also starring through the age groups for the Scottish youth international sides.

Having represented his country at under-15 and under-16 level with considerable success, he has been a regular for the under-17s, making 13 appearances and scoring four times.

I think people saying we won't see him for 3 years are totally wrong. I don't think he himself would have left a team where he was getting first team football (albeit in the SPL) to sit in the reserves for three seasons. I can see him getting appearances here and there like Gueye did last year.

Can't see him appearing for the first team anytime soon, Moyes doesn't give game time to youngsters in the Prem to "help them along", he gives them game time when he feels they're ready to do a job and hold their own.

Kennedy will more than likely spend all season with the U21s and probably next season too.

To think he's younger than me, makes me feel old.

Can't say i know anything about him but hopefully he can become a good player.

Expect his first team debut to be against Dynamo Vampire FC from eastern Europe in a EL dead group game next winter.

To think he's younger than me, makes me feel old.

Can't say i know anything about him but hopefully he can become a good player.

That feeling never stops.
I'm a 34 yr old smoker who can't run but seeing Neville in midfield keeps alive my dream of appearing for the Blues.

Another good deal this hopefully, how long before he is the Scottish Ronaldo....oops

Anyone seen him play much?

From what I can make out he's a tricky winger, who likes to run at people and can play upfront too.

Status
Not open for further replies.