Matthew Kennedy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
yessssssssss

It's like signing Joao Silva and Mateusz Taudul all over again!

Or Duffy, Coleman, Gueye, Gosling and Vellios. We've bought about 20 teenagers playing first team football in a crap league for a few hundred thousand over the last 6 or 7 years.

Sometimes this kind of player makes the first team, sometimes not. Still think it's a decent low risk strategy to pursue and not something the club should be slated for.

£250k isn't much. Even if he doesn't live up to his potential, we would probably get that when we sell him.

Or Duffy, Coleman, Gueye, Gosling and Vellios. We've bought about 20 teenagers playing first team football in a crap league for a few hundred thousand over the last 6 or 7 years.

Sometimes this kind of player makes the first team, sometimes not. Still think it's a decent low risk strategy to pursue and not something the club should be slated for.

I dont think anyone has a problemw ith us signing this guy, more the fact that Round said we were after a midfielder, presumbly for the first team, and it appears (not certain) that we are done with our business.

Coleman, Duffy and Vellios are all worth at least £1m now and between them have already made the plan cost effective.

100% agree with you.

If we find one golden nugget, then the other 9 who didnt make it have resale value because they are young enough and we pick up a bargain.

Just been told by someone who knows his dad that his dad met Kenny Moyes on holiday(forget where it was but know its Spain) and they discussed Kennedy, imo he will be better than Naismith..

On this video you can see what kind of player he is.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/19140472#asset
Well done mate for posting this....some quite large portions of humble pie to be eaten by a few on here now !!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think anyone has a problemw ith us signing this guy, more the fact that Round said we were after a midfielder, presumbly for the first team, and it appears (not certain) that we are done with our business.

If the transfer window shuts with no more business, I'll agree with you but whether we buy someone or not it's got nothing to do with out move for kennedy.

If the trasnfer window shuts with no more business, I'll agree with you but whether we buy someone or not it's got nothing to do with out move for kennedy.

So you are agreeing with me anyway? I wasn't disagreeing that Kennedys move was reliant on elsewhere. Just feels very underwhelming.

I just dislike the fact that we sign this young lid and you and a few others come in and start bitching. Rubs me the wrong way.

You'd think he was our only signing.

Get a grip people ffs. He's cost buttons. It's the cherry on the icing on the cake, not the entire dessert.

I just dislike the fact that we sign this young lid and you and a few others come in and start bitching saying it's underwhelming. Rubs me the wrong way.

Its not bitching, its just being honest, it is a little undewhelming, im all for signing youth for cheap, but does it need to be glamourised? Not really. If we see him it wont be for another 3/4 years

why cant posters reply to posts instead of being disrepectful?

Very much this in regards to the initial post.

This one wasn't a wild thread like "Everton go for David Villa" or something daft, so some of the responses in the first few pages... a few people need to wind their neck in.

Status
Not open for further replies.