Christian Bolaños

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably why were in for him for £2m?!.

2m is a very good price for a danish club. Mind you N'Doye who is arguably the best forward to ever play in the league was shipped off by Copenhagen for 4.5m

I agree with the other danes. This boy isn't cut for tophalf premiership football. Might do a job of the bench for a relegation battler.

Moist stay away.

On another note: if we have a spare £ or 2m we should look at Viktor Fischer from Ajax.

Haha no chance of us getting him lad, i saw him play against Liverpool in the Next gen series where he was immense, theres a pic of my cousin going up for a header with him somewhere on google, apparently Sir Alex has been watching him for ages and i'm not 100% but i think Ajax knocked back a decent offer for him.

Craig+Roddan+Liverpool+U19+v+Ajax+U19+NextGen+Ode0dLkW1MVl.jpg

Liverpool got a literall thrashing, a footballing lesson in truth.

Well, I've seen him for his first club in Denmark (Odense) - where he didn't cut it - and in Norway (on the telly every other week) and for Copenhagen live or on TV since he joined (if the matches didn't crash with Evertons fixtures).

My humble opinion (I watched him in Parken yesterday) would be that he wont make it to be a regular starter and is too expensive to bring over as a back-up player.

Are you listening, Moyes? I told you to sign Agger the year before (when he was around £1m).

Apparently Moyesy was over there watching FC Copenhagen yesterday aswell.

I can tell you why I think he wont make it in the PL:

He has decent speed both on and off the ball, but needs to control the ball (usually towards the middle) before passing or running at his marker. He's got ok skills, but again needs some space to make it work for him. He looks good for FC Copenhagen because they're a dominant team in the Danish league and "always" get the space on the flanks that suits him well.

In the PL he would be closed down much quicker, and in matches where we do not dominate the oposition he would contribute little as his defending isn't much to brag about.

Appreciate your opinion but alot of folk slate the Scottish league and said Jelavic wouldnt cut it etc, etc, but he hasnt started out too bad as he?!. If Bolanos is available and only worth between 1.5 to 3 million euros then i think he's worth taking a gamble on.

Probably just rumours that have come to pass due to Moyes attending the game, I know that Donovan is definitely the priority if we get any funds for the remainder of the window, now that Pienaar is signed up.

I can't speak for those people who commented on Jelavic, but I must have seen Bolanos about 35-40 times since he joined OB, and he's a good player in the Scandinavian leagues - and might have a decent international record as well - but his strenghts and limitations doesn't match well with the style we play at EFC and the PL in general, IMO. I'll be backing him (and hoping to be proved wrong) if we sign him, but will always offer my honest opinion about players I know about. In this case I'd rather we saved our money. In general I'm not aware of any players in the Scandinavian leagues at the minute who would get at place in our first team, btw.

Probably just rumours that have come to pass due to Moyes attending the game, I know that Donovan is definitely the priority if we get any funds for the remainder of the window, now that Pienaar is signed up.

Maybe Donovan is still gunna be too rich for us and this Bolanos is a cheaper alternative?.

I can't speak for those people who commented on Jelavic, but I must have seen Bolanos about 35-40 times since he joined OB, and he's a good player in the Scandinavian leagues - and might have a decent international record as well - but his strenghts and limitations doesn't match well with the style we play at EFC and the PL in general, IMO. I'll be backing him (and hoping to be proved wrong) if we sign him, but will always offer my honest opinion about players I know about. In this case I'd rather we saved our money. In general I'm not aware of any players in the Scandinavian leagues at the minute who would get at place in our first team, btw.

I know its not much to go by but looking at the clips on youtube, he looks like he's got similar qualities to Donovan. Donovan was quick and direct and had good quality in his delivery and final pass and he gave us a different dimension, he gave us pace on the break and this Bolanos looks similar from the clips ive seen and IF we was seriously in for him and he could bring those qualities to the team then i'd be more than happy tbh!.

Status
Not open for further replies.