6 + 2 Point Deductions

All of this is why I expect 1 or 2 more points off. They'll saw we've breached again. We'll say we've already been heavily punished for most of this time period.

The 6 will get reduced on grounds of avoiding double punishment

But this is just what I think is most likely and most logical after yesterday. I could and probably will be well off.
For sure I think logically 2 should be the upper limit unless somehow our figure is worse. It’ll be interesting to see how far the PL go to argue the point.

I really don’t think they’ll take as kindly to the Brennan Johnson defence as he seems to think. Indeed “we could have sold him before the FFP deadline but decided not to” is an admission of a deliberate decision to breach when they could have avoided doing so and could even be argued as an aggravating factor rather than a mitigating one.
If we had waited we could have got more money for Richie who we valued at 80m and would have meant we didn’t breach. They dismissed it immediately.

I really don’t think they’ll take as kindly to the Brennan Johnson defence as he seems to think. Indeed “we could have sold him before the FFP deadline but decided not to” is an admission of a deliberate decision to breach when they could have avoided doing so and could even be argued as an aggravating factor rather than a mitigating one.
If they do then we should appeal again as they told us where to getting off when we tried to claim the same with Richarlison.

OK so I'm setting myself up to be shouted down here...but are these high interest loans we have been taking out for operating and stadium costs not going to come back and bite on the balance sheet pretty soon?
You can count them,
If they are down as stadium costs.
The whole issue is with how they were framed originally
The Premier league wouldn't allow one of the loans and intrest on it to be counted agaist stadium costs, they said it was for general running of the club , although the club showed a letter from the lenders saying they could use it for ground costs.
In which case we would have used the intrest accured agaist are figures that we put in and would have put us under the breach level.
That and a hundred million that Moshiri put in were the problem.
They didn't accept the reasons for them given by the clubso disallowed the intrested on them to be used hence the pionts off.
Hopefully we have learned from that and have the loans in the correct pots.

Is this about sustainability or not? If forest can prove that they did indeed get themselves a few million more by waiting a while before selling how on earth could the PL argue that this isn't sustainable. Forcing a club sell a player on the cheap by a certain date surly isn't how this was envisioned to work when these rules were discussed originally.
I agree it goes against the whole “sustainability” these charges are masqueraded as, but in that case what is the point in accounting deadlines?

Can we then backlog the Gordon transfer to make us compliant? Or claim we could have gotten £20m extra for Richarlison if we’d have held off selling before their imposed deadline?

The football expert on talksport expects we will get 2-3 and he expects the same with forest

I think that guy has proven he knows nothing really considering he said we wont get anything back.

Is this the guy who was on with Jim White this morning? Stefan Borson? some of the stuff he said made sense, but because there is no framework, I think he is just guessing. He may be using financial logic to do it, but he is still guessing.

Its going to go to a panel again and they will decide something, if its more than 2 points I expect us to appeal it. I would imagine us and Forest would appeal it and then we would see where we are.

I agree it goes against the whole “sustainability” these charges are masqueraded as, but in that case what is the point in accounting deadlines?

Can we then backlog the Gordon transfer to make us compliant? Or claim we could have gotten £20m extra for Richarlison if we’d have held off selling before their imposed deadline?
If it becomes obvious that we need to raise say 20 million to become compliant by a certain date couldn't a team then offer 20 million for Braithwaite and we'd be forced to sell.. if these rules are forcing clubs to accept
lowball offers then they need to be binned for rules that are actually sustainable.

no second deduction forest volleyed to the champ

elon musk buys everton

we’re all caining sambucas
And what could Musk do? We aren't allowed to spend or we'll end up infront of a commission again.. we could have the 1000 wealthiest people on the planet as joint owners and these rules will still hinder us from competing.