6 + 2 Point Deductions

I dont think yesterday's verdict suggests there is any likelihood at all of this being solved pre hearing. And if its a consistent approach, its going to be very difficult to have a mitigation heard.

I think the double jeopardy is going to be our main point. And potentially the level of any breach if it is very small. But we don't know figures yet.
I don’t particularly think so either, as the PL basically want the IC to make all their decisions for them.

But I guess my question is whether, when all legal experts, commentators AND the EFL in their rules specifically agree that clubs should be protected against double counting on the basis of natural justice are they going to stand up at a hearing and argue AGAINST natural justice?

Because if they are going to concede that point maybe a hearing can be headed off or at least vastly reduced in scope.

The football expert on talksport expects we will get 2-3 and he expects the same with forest
I really don’t think they’ll take as kindly to the Brennan Johnson defence as he seems to think. Indeed “we could have sold him before the FFP deadline but decided not to” is an admission of a deliberate decision to breach when they could have avoided doing so and could even be argued as an aggravating factor rather than a mitigating one.

I don’t particularly think so either, as the PL basically want the IC to make all their decisions for them.

But I guess my question is whether, when all legal experts, commentators AND the EFL in their rules specifically agree that clubs should be protected against double counting on the basis of natural justice are they going to stand up at a hearing and argue AGAINST natural justice?

Because if they are going to concede that point maybe a hearing can be headed off or at least vastly reduced in scope.
All of this is why I expect 1 or 2 more points off. They'll saw we've breached again. We'll say we've already been heavily punished for most of this time period.

The 6 will get reduced on grounds of avoiding double punishment

But this is just what I think is most likely and most logical after yesterday. I could and probably will be well off.

They'll find some technicality and have the whole lot binned I'm certain of it... we'll be the only club punished for P&S.
The Premier League officials will help the top clubs escape the point deductions we have had to accept when they change the rules in August and I think it will begin before August when they don’t deduct any more points from us on the second charge.

I really don’t think they’ll take as kindly to the Brennan Johnson defence as he seems to think. Indeed “we could have sold him before the FFP deadline but decided not to” is an admission of a deliberate decision to breach when they could have avoided doing so and could even be argued as an aggravating factor rather than a mitigating one.
Is this about sustainability or not? If forest can prove that they did indeed get themselves a few million more by waiting a while before selling how on earth could the PL argue that this isn't sustainable. Forcing a club sell a player on the cheap by a certain date surly isn't how this was envisioned to work when these rules were discussed originally.

Take a 3 point deduction every week Everton but tell them they can shove their PL up their greedy corrupt arses.

We play like a League 1 side anyway so may as well drop down a couple of divisions and start enjoying our football again.

Spending more time working out our finances than being able to boo players is an absolute bore and not what footballs about.

no let’s not drop down a few divisions thanks

Not arsed because Forest's have to be far worse just by the nature of it. They're 1 point behind us now, any sanction that we get is fine as long as they get one that is at least 2 points more, that only benefits us to a certain extent.

I think we'll get 1, Forest will get 8 and go down without much of a fuss.

as long as they get less than us