6 + 2 Point Deductions

If a player is bought in with an obligation to buy as opposed to an option to buy the fee due paid is immediately and yes in advance added to the amortisation in the case of Wolves and his parent club ( if he wasn’t an academy product) both counts the future fee for income purposes and of course isn’t charged any amortisation from that point on
Sure you’re right and that’s kind of my point anyway, the Cunha deal might appear as a loan on Transfermarkt or Sky graphics but it was in reality them spending a huge amount on a player in January to try to get out of relegation.

My only point really is that Wolves selling players in the summer seems like it was simply a strategic choice and a big gamble on staying up rather than anything laudable- they obviously thought sod it, we’ll go over FFP now and sort it in the summer. Worked out fine for them so fair enough, but had they still gone down wouldn’t have quite so clever.

No, I am angry and frustrated about it.

More than anything though I am disappointed that fans are swallowing the spin coming out of the club. Even worse fans are relying on social media content creators who are profiting from this. Putting out misinformation and lies. Suggestions that this is a technical accounting issue to do with the Stadium and that the PL changed the rules.

The truth is in black and white in the Independent commision report. There is not enough fact-checking going on here and too much reliance on social media content creators.

There's no spin, it's fans trying to defend their club because no one else will.

TalkSPORT now. Worth a listen. Fella who seems to know what he’s talking about saying we are likely to get a third breach next season. This is because our numbers just don’t add up. Also said our defence at the commission was simply bizarre and if anything made it worse.
Considering there are almost still 6 months left in the current accounting period, I'm not sure how anyone could know this.

He doesn’t seem so. Unfortunately.
Wouldn’t worry just yet. No one has the faintest idea what the 22/23 accounts look like. So whilst we are no doubt in a mess and if guilty of a breach this time, probably will be close next time, anyone who puts a number on it has slapped a massive guesstimate in their workings, which is Esk-esque behaviour. And after years insisting we were in trouble he now insists we are compliant. And was wrong.

We are knackered, but anyone who puts a number on it is guessing.

He did say this Barrister guy we have is the best of the best but he is picking off scraps due to the clubs bizarre defence previously.
He said our defence from the club was “well we needed to buy a midfield”. Basically said this term alone from our owner was a complete disaster. And the guy we have brought in is the best in the business.. but he ain’t a miracle worker. Which is what we need.. a miracle.

The rules are changing in August though so I wonder if this will have a effect.

Anyone else sick of being the clubs that sells of has to sell their best players because we either;

A) can’t compete
B) have no money
C) player wants to play for a bigger club

It’s happened so many times. Why can’t be keep players and have a bloody go. So frustrating. Stones, Barkley, Lukaku, Pienaar, Rooney, Richarlison… next will be Onana, Braithwaite and maybe even Pickford.

It’s just incredible isn’t it really.
A devastating coming together of circumstances.

To all intents and purposes, it s looks even worse than we feared.

I do wonder if there will be any intervention from "whichever government is in power at the time" like Chelsea to secure our future, if not the consequences will be catastrophic for the Club, People, Area and wider economy.

Truly truly gutting.

I still believe we will have success in our appeal but looking less likely we are not punished further.

No, I am angry and frustrated about it.

More than anything though I am disappointed that fans are swallowing the spin coming out of the club. Even worse fans are relying on social media content creators who are profiting from this. Putting out misinformation and lies. Suggestions that this is a technical accounting issue to do with the Stadium and that the PL changed the rules.

The truth is in black and white in the Independent commision report. There is not enough fact-checking going on here and too much reliance on social media content creators.
Of course it's an accounting issue. It's got absolutely nothing to do with football.

I follow a football team to get away from the day job, not to see football taken over by accounting debates.

Given the state sponsored financial doping in football there are only 2 real options to ensure "fairness". One is to have a transfer fee and wage cap with all contracts held centrally by the Premier League.

The other is just let clubs spend whatever they want.
Which is probably what they should've done in the first place

Well he’s basically said City are screwed. They have basically been involved in conspiracy and fraud. Said he can only see them being relegated from the league.

Considering there are almost still 6 months left in the current accounting period, I'm not sure how anyone could know this.
He could be right and he could have expertise, but he will be doing worse case scenario to get listens/clicks etc that's how these commercial stations operate

Just on the City issue, I’m kinda glad that they have not been punished yet, for the following reasons:

1) Their supposed cheating will have played a significant role in depriving the RS from winning countless trophies. This includes this season, who wants a City points deduction this season? Not me, that’s for sure.

2) It kinda helps us when arguing that we have been treated unfairly.

3) The PL are a gang of pricks! So anything that causes them a headache and costs them fortunes in legal advice and legal representation is fine with me.

Keep it going City! Keep it going!