6 + 2 Point Deductions

Chelsea could genuinely be fine. Selling £400m of kids and overinflated dodgy transfers to Saudi versus only 1/8th (in each year) of their massive new contracts. Obviously they haven’t got infinite players to sell each year to offset the 1/8th of the big contracts. More importantly some of the new incomings have so far been gash. Probably fine in the very short term despite all the hyperbole, but they could go proper Everton with the odd twist of fate.

Getting away with the historic stuff is the issue with Chelsea. Totally irrelevant the owners changed from a sporting perspective.
In Euro, for reference:
19-20:
Fees paid: 45m; Received: 157m
20-21
Fees paid: 247m; Received: 57m
21-22
Fees paid: 118m; Received: 149m
22-23
Fees paid: 611.49m (!); received: 68m

Total paid: 1.1B; received: 431m

But it's all fine and normal though.

Facts - and they also have actual sponsors and financial backing, as shady as it is it's still miles better than ours was in Usmanov.
And dont forget, their Turnover is around 480m and their wage bill is around 340m, so they start with 120m "profit" to play with straight off the bat.

Always baffles me why people mention City and Chelsea in regards to us, they are playing a different sport.

And dont forget, their Turnover is around 480m and their wage bill is around 340m, so they start with 120m "profit" to play with straight off the bat.

Always baffles me why people mention City and Chelsea in regards to us, they are playing a different sport.
We signed a 10m sponsorship deal a few years back, right? Biggest in our history and all.

City/Chelsea/Utd get that for the tiny sleeve sponsorships and for stadium banner sponsorships (I read/vaguely remember from somewhere).

Which is one of the reasons they are usually in the European spots.
Yeah, but they know/knew how to sell and market the product and brand. We could've kicked on but signed DBB as marketing whatevermadeuppositionshehad to do eff all for a few years - we were in Europe and got pitiful sponsorship money; even before that we were with Chang and we barely scratched the surface of it - we weren't even big in Thailand to begin with, now less so with 2016 Leicester happening, while getting not a lot back anyway.

All this financial rubbish really kills the joy of football.

It's very obvious that it's all set up to protect the 'big 6' clubs financially. The PL representatives don't even try to hide it. They referred to two of the most decorated clubs in England as "small clubs". We've a richer and longer history than their entire brand.

It's just disgraceful.

Honestly, I've gotten to a point where I don't even care what the verdict is anymore. It's ruining the whole sport.

If we weren't shackled by these financial constraints, we could have actually spent on some good players when Moshiri first came in... Instead, we were stuck picking from the higher-end of the mid-table, (big fish in small ponds... on even bigger wages), hoping to somehow compete and push into the top four.

Moshiri did get it right when he brought in Ancelotti. You could see the difference on the pitch immediately – until the players realised that he was leaving and that we were skint.

The financial damage was already done before he left and after... now... here we are, a mess. Mostly because of the daft constraints.

Money has just ruined the game, and those raking it in will do anything to keep it this way, since it works for them and keeps the rest of us down.

Last edited:
The talk about taking the trophies off them is a bit stupid though isn't it. Imagine saying that you have X number of trophies because of a technicality, it'd be really really embarrassing.

This is it though with me, you can't take those nights away from the City fans. They've had night and games that many other fans will never get. If, as a lot of Loverpool.fans are asking for, which is for them to be give the league trophy if they're found guilty..... what's the point? For who? It ain't for the fans, cause the still haven't had the games or the nights. Belated trophy parade? What a joke. Just do them, for as much as it deserves and go from there. Much of the media are only arsed about this so they can maintain a narrative on Liverpool.

We as Everto fans also need to stop bringing Man City into this conversation.
Exactly. But what I don't like is that City can continue on collecting trophies in the meantime.
PS. No chance the RS are getting any trophies in retrospect. Just noise.

In Euro, for reference:
19-20:
Fees paid: 45m; Received: 157m
20-21
Fees paid: 247m; Received: 57m
21-22
Fees paid: 118m; Received: 149m
22-23
Fees paid: 611.49m (!); received: 68m

Total paid: 1.1B; received: 431m

But it's all fine and normal though.
Fees paid are mostly over 5-8 yrs depending on contract length, so once they keep selling each yr they’ll be fine

All this financial rubbish really kills the joy of football.

It's very obvious that it's all set up to protect the 'big 6' teams financially. The PL representatives don't even try to hide it. They referred to two of the most decorated clubs in England as "small clubs". We've a richer and longer history than their entire brand.

It's just disgraceful.

Honestly, I've gotten to a point where I don't even care what the verdict is anymore. It's ruining the whole sport.

If we weren't shackled by these financial constraints, we could have actually spent on some good players when Moshiri first came in... Instead, we were stuck picking from the higher-end of the mid-table, big fish in small ponds so to speak on even bigger wages, hoping to somehow compete and push into the top four.

Moshiri got it right when he brought in Ancelotti. You could see the difference on the pitch – until the players realised that he was leaving and that we were skint.

The financial damage was already done after he left and now, here we are, a mess. Money has just ruined the game, and those raking it in will do anything to keep it this way, since it works for them and keeps the rest of us down.

This is what gets on my tits. Everton are 146 years in existence. For 116 years it stood on its own two feet and been a mainstay and giant of top flight english football. Is now classed as a small club by this now gross PL because of its own ruse of "fair play"
Its got to be one of the biggest scams in english football. Listening to that rat richard masters yesterday was sickening.
If Everton have been crap over the last 8 years then it should be down to ourselves to address it by selling and being smarter in recruiting. Many clubs have done that in the past. That i can fully accept. Its your responsibility.
they needed a guinea pig in this instance and we've copped it.
I hope this league collapses.

Rs, Man U, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelski are not going to fall foul of their own rules. They started this FFP to stop 'another Chelsea' when the money started to go to City.