VAR

I'd happily see VAR go completely, its been a disaster for the game.

Pre-VAR if there was a howler, e.g. a "wrong" sending off then it would be spotted on MOTD and rescinded on the Monday. Ditto, a referee having a howler would be suspended.

VAR is ruining the flow of the game and supporters/players can't fully celebrate a goal (in case it gets pulled back).

We've had VAR for how many seasons now?

It's gone far beyond the initial 'teething' stage and now it's suppose be to improving as it evolves.

So far, it's seems be getting worse and it's turning football into a complete joke.

I think you are right per the offside rule - but there's an argument for saying it should be judged on the final touch as up to that point the player passing still effectively has possession.

That's changed.

So, if I control the ball when my teamate is offside, and keep control of it until he gets onside in one movement, then play it through, he still offside?

Why do they change things that don't need changing.

No that’s not it. I’m not saying there’s no point in having VAR because of that I’m saying that I don’t think VAR works in those situations because referees are overturning their own decisions because somebody else is disagreeing with them even though they saw the thing perfectly well in the first place. Pointing out a clear and obvious error is fine but that isn’t what is happening and that’s where the problems with VAR are coming in. It’s only my opinion I wouldn’t have given it if I’d know I was going to have to explain it 50 times.
Apologies JimmyK, I don't want to argue with you on details because I think we are largely in agreement. I agree that VAR in its current form isn't fit for purposes. If your point is that having another person state that you need to take another look at a decision that you saw perfectly well is undermining for the on field ref and puts pressure on them to change their mind then I agree. VAR would work better if they followed the cricket example and allowed each team a certain number of appeals per game with the on field ref deciding each one (and they should be able to appeal every decision, throw, corner, yellow card everything). It doesn't remove the bias element of it but it gives the best chance of making sure all decisions are correct.

Do you think I’m trying to justify why decisions go against us is that it? I don’t know how you’ve thought that but I’m definitely not doing that! I’m saying they should get rid of VAR in its current form because it doesn’t work and is ruining football not saying the decisions against us are right, it not being fit for purpose is what I’ve been trying to tell you!
Screenshot_20240105_203411_Chrome.jpg

Sounds like a justification to me .

You have been using the subjective term as if that is the right way and shouldn't be questioned.
We need to question all of these decisions as a lot never go our way , yet favour many other teams.

We agree VAR is not fit for purpose and should be updated ,simplified or scrapped.
That doesn't mean while we have it we should just say nothing because it's a different opinion than the officials running it.

Hmm not sure. He's gone in from behind (no laughing at the back) and caught him on the achilles with the studs quite heftily.

I will say though; I've only seen that one clip that Goat posted, and I reserve the right to change my mind.
Suarez did that about three times in a derby and I don't he was even booked. Proper nasty deliberate career ending tackles. Not to mention Kuyt/Carragher/Gerrard. I try not to be bitter about this stuff but I could fill a book with genuine grievances.