6 + 2 Point Deductions

We are being punished because we gambled that spending 100's of millions of pounds would make us better thus increasing our revenues. The increase in spending didn't result in better performances so resulted in huge losses.

It is those huge losses that we are being punished for.

Can we sue the players…where does this nonsense end…..

You're very quick to distance him from anything in this. He was at the club. He would have been involved within this transfer as finances were changing hands.
He shouldnt be sitting on any panel in judgement of another club. There is enough reasonable doubt for any club to contest him making judgements.
His involvement would have consisted of whether the club could afford the transfers or not. His role would be creating and managing the club's budgets, forecasting and helping to improve financial performance.

His role would not be to look into the minutia of individual transfers.

Tbh Jazzy, I thought you may have agreed with some of what he said in that particular post…putting aside previous posts and views, it seems to be a fairly logical post, though I cba reading the history of his posts….
The problem is there is a semblance of truth in what the poster says but his / her unremitting support of the PL and condemnation of all things Everton lifts the veil on their true motive , which is to wind Evertonians up.

So to that end they can do one Pete.

One of the first things that struck me in the report was this:
First, the enhanced squad would result in Everton being in the top quarter of the Premier League, and playing in Europe: both would produce increased revenue. Second, having improved the squad, future player acquisitions would be funded partly from the increased revenue and partly from making player sales. The plan was that once this strategy had been put in place there would be little or no need to rely on funding from the owner.

Either Moshiri is completely naive or completely stupid. Speaks volumes that he thought he could throw the cheque book around a la Chelsea / City and get the same results.

The game is fckd. VAR is a law unto itself and ruining the game, and this current PL crap will see the end of supporters even wanting to get involved. This ‘it’s a brand’ rather than its a club will kill the game. I’d rather be in a lower division just enjoying a game of football than all of this. Having watched the blues for over 60 years in the top division it’s hard to say this, but with City, Chelsea, Barcodes et all spending whatever they like while those lower down can’t no matter who finances them, the game is screwed……this FFP is an absolute con…..

His involvement would have consisted of whether the club could afford the transfers or not. His role would be creating and managing the club's budgets, forecasting and helping to improve financial performance.

His role would not be to look into the minutia of individual transfers.

West hams finances under his watch at the time were an absolute mess. From giving a striker a new contract who retired within weeks, dean ashton. To kieron dyer, freddie ljungberg. I remember quite clearly how out of control they were under that chairman that i recall their wage bill got to 90% of the clubs turnover. what was igoe doing as the director of finance, sticking his fingers in his ears and ignoring it all.
Again, last time. There is reasonable doubt to contest someone who made a pigs ear of his job at west ham to be sitting in judgement on Evertons

The game is fckd. VAR is a law unto itself and ruining the game, and this current PL crap will see the end of supporters even wanting to get involved. This ‘it’s a brand’ rather than its a club will kill the game. I’d rather be in a lower division just enjoying a game of football than all of this. Having watched the blues for over 60 years in the top division it’s hard to say this, but with City, Chelsea, Barcodes et all spending whatever they like while those lower down can’t no matter who finances them, the game is screwed……this FFP is an absolute con…..
But it's always been this . Remember our nickname under Catterick

One of the first things that struck me in the report was this:

Either Moshiri is completely naive or completely stupid. Speaks volumes that he thought he could throw the cheque book around a la Chelsea / City and get the same results.

Chelsea have spent something like £650m in the last 2 seasons, we've done that in 6 years. Are nett spend over the last 5 years puts us in the bottom 3 of the PL. Try again.

20231122_182258.jpg

Had to smile when this came on a few moments ago .... figured I'm on my way.... to put the kettle on...

West hams finances under his watch at the time were an absolute mess. From giving a striker a new contract who retired within weeks, dean ashton. To kieron dyer, freddie ljungberg. I remember quite clearly how out of control they were under that chairman that i recall their wage bill got to 90% of the clubs turnover. what was igoe doing as the director of finance, sticking his fingers in his ears and ignoring it all.
Again, last time. There is reasonable doubt to contest someone who made a pigs ear of his job at west ham to be sitting in judgement on Evertons
Wow are you really blaming a finance director for poor transfers?

Basically, a Football club has two sides the business side and the football side. The Finance Directors' role is about revenues and budgets. It isn't about the performance of the football side of the operation.