2023/24 Sean Dyche

He plays too negative at Goodison. Simple as that. Disgrace today the set up was like we were playing Man City.

Agree.

It worked. It was a fluke goal. Brighton struggled to impose their game plan and we had more clear chances.

I'm conflicted but our home form under him suggests he's not getting it right. Especially when you consider the opposition at Goodison. That Arsenal game was embarrassing.

He talks the talk about knowing what fans want and connecting with Goodison but that's not 18% possession to Brighton. Sure, we beat them 5-1 at Brighton with 22% but at Goodison, it doesn't sit right with me.

Bournemouth this season the other week was the first time Dyches Everton has scored more than 1 (in the Prem). I can't see that changing anytime soon.

If we get the lead we dig deep.

I mean that’s utter BS. Give the players some credit man. You think our players are par with Sheffield United, Burnley and Luton and Dyche has done well if we were to finish 17th?

He’s turning it around and doing well but let’s not make out he’s got to work with a relegation squad and achieving the impossible.

I think he’s making the job look easier than it is at the moment but this squad is not that far removed from the one last season that was utterly terrible until Dyche came in. It’s just not a group of players capable of putting together lo my winning runs. Every point gained over the bottom 3 is therefore a point closer to mid table safety which is really all I think this group are capable of. It’s not a top 8 squad, probably not even top 10, so yeah for me Dyche’s job is steering us to a campaign devoid of relegation worries.

All for balance/not changing for changes sake when its tight, but vs West Ham and again today - players were blowing and he had options there.

Patterson and Beto on at 90th minute is bonkers to me.

Needs to start being proactive with subs.
Doucoure & DCL were on fumes and struggling to defend when Brighton made wholesale changes going for it.

Beto & Danjuma with fresh legs agst their back 2 as it was could have secured the win & even added to the score.

Big let down again from Dyche.

Around this time last year we were humiliated twice in a week against Bournemouth, then went on an awful run after the Word Cup break. We’ve had 4 points from 6 in the league in a week and into a cup 1/4 final. Yes, bit of disappointment that we conceded a fluke equaliser today but we are a lot better off than 12 months ago. Feels like we have a chance in every game now, a lot of that is down to how Dyche has sorted the organisation and discipline that was so badly missing.
Exactly
Team press and work rate are the best I’ve seen since Moyes. That’s more than a decade ago.

every team struggles to cope with our energy since Harrison and DCL came into the team and I think the players are enjoying and realising the benefit of it now.

I think he’s making the job look easier than it is at the moment but this squad is not that far removed from the one last season that was utterly terrible until Dyche came in. It’s just not a group of players capable of putting together lo my winning runs. Every point gained over the bottom 3 is therefore a point closer to mid table safety which is really all I think this group are capable of. It’s not a top 8 squad, probably not even top 10, so yeah for me Dyche’s job is steering us to a campaign devoid of relegation worries.

Get your point mate but check the fixture list.

1. I didn't say we have to sack him today. But that doesn't mean I'm still not looking forward to the day when it inevitably happens, because it obviously will.

2. Of course every manager makes mistakes. But I don't understand the attitude that it's allowable to make the same exact mistakes over and over. Where's the accountability?

It's what I've said before about managers - there's a difference between a crap manager who at least tries different things to find solutions to be better and a crap manager who just goes through the motions of making the same mistakes routinely. The former I give a little more leeway to than the latter.

I would like to see a list of the supposed positive changes he's made as well - at least ones that he didn't stumble into on accident like the Onana - Garner midfield pairing, which only happened because of Gana's being unavailable for a bit. Or not playing Keane anymore, because anyone on earth can see Branthwaite is miles superior. Or Dom finally getting healthy and fit, which I'll grant he might have had a bit to do with just by simply refusing to rush him back.
Are you not giving Sean Dyche any credit for the way we have become way more organised, concede far less goals, much fitter and sharper, not getting battered every week, five wins in eight games, picking up points against good sides...

Have you somehow remained oblivious to all this?

I think the fans in general appreciate what Dyche has done so far, we are a better team no doubt.
However you simply cannot let it be swept under the carpet that Brighton used their subs and we never, we were pulling for tugs after 75 minutes and Dyche never addressed it. Yes, he's doing ok but the call to bring on subs at the 90 min mark stunk. Very poor and contibuted to the loss of 2 points.

Are you not giving Sean Dyche any credit for the way we have become way more organised, concede far less goals, much fitter and sharper, not getting battered every week, five wins in eight games, picking up points against good sides...

Have you somehow remained oblivious to all this?
The manager is to blame to everything that does wrong but everything positive is just coincidence apparently 😂

Some heads properly falling off here. A good point against a superior group of players. Disallowed goal aside we prevented them from creating any good chances, a deflection away from a win. The way to beat Brighton is to defend and hit them on the break and we nearly executed it again.
We didn’t hit them on the break. It’s just terrible imo and fans will be bored very soon. We shouldn’t have 18% possession at home v Liverpool or city never mind Brighton