Bill Kenwright

I do suspect if the truth were known about the past few years of chaos it's less to do with Bill and far more to do with Farhad and Alisher than people sometimes think.

We know he hasn't been a perfect chairman, but personally I will find it sad if he's been unable to say a proper goodbye to Goodison or to see the new ground completed. Hopefully in better times to come the new ground will at least be seen as part of his legacy and not just the dark times of the last few years.

I think if it is confirmed the thread should definitely be locked. Will only lead to some very nasty arguments on here.
Honestly, Im a bit conflicted on my end to what to say but @Groucho said it best, he was someone's father and grandfathers. It is a **** thing to go through, no matter how old anyone is. If it has happened, I can only offer nothing but condolences and hope that he is at peace.

Maybe close the thread until the club confirm it ?

Considered doing so earlier - too widespread now/figure it's best to set narrative.

I think if it is confirmed the thread should definitely be locked. Will only lead to some very nasty arguments on here.

Was gonna say the same. Just lock it.

Honestly, if it's announced it may be wise to lock the thread for a period of reflection.

My views on the man are well known, but as others have said he's family to somebody and they, along with his friends will be abviously devastated.

Plenty of topics here spiral out of control and this one will be no different.

Very disappointed to see these posts, they're self defeating. If I felt our community was this low, I'd lock the forum and never open it again.

This thread shouldn't have to be locked. We are better than that

Exactly this.

IMG_2778.jpeg

Couldn't stand the man.

One thing I would say though is he should have spent the final years of his life in peace with his family, retired and enjoying life, not trying to deal with the club in bad health.

Best wishes to his family and all that.
Of all the things Moshiri has done at EFC, (if true) rejecting a dying man's resignation and insisting for him to stay on is surely the most callous.

If true, of course, because it could well have been another PR fabrication by the club.

I think there is an underestimation of how people will react to this potential news.

I was never a Bill Kenwright fan like many others but I would never wish illness on anyone, like I suspect the vast majority on here will do. You may get the odd idiot and I assume the mods/dan will soon stamp them out and boot them into next week.

Regardless of whatever you think of him from an 'Everton' perspective. As mentiioned, this is someones friend, family, dad, grandad. He is a blue regardless of whether the "football politics" and that is always a sad day when a blue passes away.