777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
It comes down to the stadium.

I keep hearing people say “We shouldn’t have done the stadium”.

But hindsight is a marvellous thing. The whole funding was run by Usmanov really, he was going to sponsor the thing, he snook £30m into the accounts by signing a “first rights” to naming the stadium.

Who would have predicted Russia going to war and our backer being sanctioned? No one. The cruel twist of irony being, him being indicted meant no further money, but equally the cost of living crisis where our steel, gas, anything from the stadium probably would had been supplied by his own companies was forbidden.

Costs spiralled, we can’t keep up, and the coughers are dry.
mate but even before the war in ukraine benitez first season we spent next to nothing so something was going on even back then

But hindsight is a marvellous thing. The whole funding was run by Usmanov really, he was going to sponsor the thing, he snook £30m into the accounts by signing a “first rights” to naming the stadium.

Who would have predicted Russia going to war and our backer being sanctioned?
I think it was a pretty fair bet that either Iran or Russia would come under sanctions at some point. My bet at the time would've been Iran but it was madness to gamble the future of the club on two people from those two countries

Who would have predicted Russia going to war and our backer being sanctioned? No one. The cruel twist of irony being, him being indicted meant no further money, but equally the cost of living crisis where our steel, gas, anything from the stadium probably would had been supplied by his own companies was forbidden.

Costs spiralled, we can’t keep up, and the coughers are dry.
Perhaps , but the invasion and occupation of Crimea happened earlier and maybe should have alerted us , especially as Usmanov was named by the UN of being complicit in aiding that invasion.
Hindsight is wonderful , but foresight is far more valuable.
Don’t lose sight of that fact as a far nastier and more rapacious set of vultures are about to alight on our dying club and engorge themselves on what’s left .

I think it was a pretty fair bet that either Iran or Russia would come under sanctions at some point. My bet at the time would've been Iran but it was madness to gamble the future of the club on two people from those two countries

Hindsight, I tbink that’s probably a fair shout mate.

I personally think that’s why Moshiri became the chairman, knowing he wouldn’t get sanctioned, over Usmanov.

Looks like they knew what was coming. Sadly for us, we jumped into bed with them.

Skint asset strippers lad lad lad
What assets?
Any asset stripper who thinks they will make a quick return on Everton FC is in for a very nasty shock.

The real money in football is in the capital gain when an owner eventually sells their share in the club.

Look at the value of the more successful clubs.... they are fetching several billion.

Obviously the difficult part is to take a stagnating club and make it successful... Moshiri found that out the hard way.