Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Barely a preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We made it to 60 minutes without conceding and no game plan. We have a chance to make a change to our tactics and bring on DCL alongside Beto or something different…instead we do like for like and keep the pressure on us

Just home from the game (yeah, long drive).

We were really poor, offered no threat and didn’t really deserve anything from the game at all.

But that refereeing performance from Hooper?! Jesus H Christ. Was it naivety, incompetence, or “big team” bias (probably a mix of all 3). I’ve seen some horrific officiating in my time but that was right up there.

He gave us nothing all game and continually fell for Arsenal’s antics, diving, and gamesmanship. And to rub it all in, 4 minutes of stoppage time. FOUR! With all that time wasting and subs FFS, after what we’ve seen this season with 8, 9 minutes plus of stoppage time as standard. Even that 4 minutes, about 3 must have been spent with the ball dead with their diving. And to REALLY take the piss, he has the gaul to blow on 94:19, just as we’ve launched a rare counter attack.

Another man in black to add to the ever growing list of utter bellends.

Totally fair point, but you should be outraged that you paid 108quid for essentially glorified friendlies this season if you went to the other two games.

Yet our club went around saying we should have scored in the other games whereas we just were not competitive enough to close out the games we played in. This one I felt we tried, but very poorly.
We didn’t try pal. We had one shot on target in 90 minutes! 1! That is what we was doing under Frank and we kept loosing games. One day we are actually going to set up to win a game and have a go straight from the first whistle. Goals win games.

That was our most abject home performance since the Allardyce days in my experience. I accept we are playing Arsenal, but apart from Braithwaite and maybe Beto in the 1st half I thought we looked petrified of them. Branthwaite must be wondering what he’s done to deserve playing with that shower.
He'll be gone soon enough and in the meantime he knows he's going to standout playing in this side. This is his audition for a move to a top 6 side.

We were really poor, offered no threat and didn’t really deserve anything from the game at all.

But that refereeing performance from Hooper?! Jesus H Christ. Was it naivety, incompetence, or “big team” bias (probably a mix of all 3). I’ve seen some horrific officiating in my time but that was right up there.

He gave us nothing all game and continually fell for Arsenal’s antics, diving, and gamesmanship. And to rub it all in, 4 minutes of stoppage time. FOUR! With all that time wasting and subs FFS, after what we’ve seen this season with 8, 9 minutes plus of stoppage time as standard. Even that 4 minutes, about 3 must have been spent with the ball dead with their diving. And to REALLY take the piss, he has the gaul to blow on 94:19, just as we’ve launched a rare counter attack.

Exactly what I’ve said. The Premier League need to look into this further. Why do we get nothing? How can you give 4 minutes of injury time.

There was a goal which is generally considered 30 seconds and 7 subs in the second half! This ontop of their play acting, time wasting and taking ages to get Zinchenko off etc… to me this is a clear cheat, yet again, from ref’s at Goodison Park.

We didn’t try pal. We had one shot on target in 90 minutes! 1! That is what we was doing under Frank and we kept loosing games. One day we are actually going to set up to win a game and have a go straight from the first whistle. Goals win games.
Wrong, scoring more goals than the opposition wins matches. We did alright at one end with keeping it tight but shat the bed trying to get to the other end. Rookie mistake, need to clear out before getting in bed. Catch my drift, it was supposed to be ironed out before setting foot on the ground. Terrible for match going fans.
I watch on the tele.

Wrong, scoring more goals than the opposition wins matches. We did alright at one end with keeping it tight but shat the bed trying to get to the other end. Rookie mistake, need to clear out before getting in bed. Catch my drift, it was supposed to be ironed out before setting foot on the ground. Terrible for match going fans.
But we didn’t keep it tight did we? We conceded a goal and got beat.

But we didn’t keep it tight did we? We conceded a goal and got beat.
Yup, complete lapse there. But, I doubt they predicted it would happen from a corner. If Myko had been in his open play position, he'd have committed a tactical foul, if not have closed down at least one active player.

Yup, complete lapse there. But, I doubt they predicted it would happen from a corner. If Myko had been in his open play position, he'd have committed a tactical foul, if not have closed down at least one active player.
Sorry to say but the corners in the first half I was screaming because Saka was on the edge of the box unmarked nearly everytime. We overload the box with players and still they found a way through. I can take getting beat by a class team what I can accept is the lack, the lack of everything today. To me, it already looks like the players have given up on Dyche.

He could have added 60 minutes at the end and that shower wouldn’t have troubled the keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.